Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Discussion & Reviews > The Workshop

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

• Caesars Benefit Code FANNATIONFULL Gets $1, 250 fo...
    2 clubs off to frustrating beginnings to the 2023 Big league Baseball season, the Chicago Cubs and San Diego Padres, ...
  • 88cc build
    In the process of building an 88cc from a 50cc engine,( im bored !) Can they run on a flat top piston ? and can you use...
  • epicmoto help
    does anyone know where i can get replacement parts for an electric pitbike ? please email me...

Old 23-02-2010, 07:12 PM   #1
Kimishyoko

Pit bike wont run properly

Ok i know this question has been answered multiple times but this is the deal, i got a lifan engine 150cc baught today 120$ i began to drive it and when i go over quarter turn the bike bogs and like lags wont actually power on and lots of popping like backfiring, i am running rich very infact but the thing is i have cleaned my carb 3times over i have adjusted the mixture screw every turn possible and the bike will still bog over quarter throttle i have also moved the throttle pin on every notch i have and i am stumped for any other more ideas what it could be any help would be apreciated. i cant seem to get out of being rich on my spark no matter which way i adjust my screw
Kimishyoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 07:35 PM   #2
jayce

Bike: crf 450,wpb 140
Re: Pit bike wont run properly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimishyoko View Post
Ok i know this question has been answered multiple times but this is the deal, i got a lifan engine 150cc baught today 120$ i began to drive it and when i go over quarter turn the bike bogs and like lags wont actually power on and lots of popping like backfiring, i am running rich very infact but the thing is i have cleaned my carb 3times over i have adjusted the mixture screw every turn possible and the bike will still bog over quarter throttle i have also moved the throttle pin on every notch i have and i am stumped for any other more ideas what it could be any help would be apreciated. i cant seem to get out of being rich on my spark no matter which way i adjust my screw
sounds like its lean ,mine was holding back when over half throttle and popping ,put a bigger pilot jet in mine that sorted it ,but if the plug is black ,ie to rich try going down a smaller jet
jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 07:55 PM   #3
Kimishyoko

thx for the reply jace i saw alot on this going down jets etc how does this work, how can i tell what current size im using atm? my jets are pretty damn big for a pitbike since im gone up from a 110cc to 150 if im right there is 3jets? one that screws ontiop of the main jet they come apart and the one next to the main that makes 3 am i right? pics if possible to show me more, also if it would help i could upload a audio of what the bike sounds like. thx
Old 23-02-2010, 08:05 PM   #4
jayce

Quote:
thx for the reply jace i saw alot on this going down jets etc how does this work, how can i tell what current size im using atm? my jets are pretty damn big for a pitbike since im gone up from a 110cc to 150 if im right there is 3jets? one that screws ontiop of the main jet they come apart and the one next to the main that makes 3 am i right? pics if possible to show me more, also if it would help i could upload a audio of what the bike sounds like. thx
the one that comes apart is the main jet ,should be stamped on the top wot size it is,the one next to it is the pilot jet ,if its popping it sounds lean as mine was doing the same ,went up a pilot jet sorted ,hav u done a plug chop ,if so what colour is ur plug then u can go from there
Old 23-02-2010, 08:09 PM   #5
Kimishyoko

Sorry again jayce whats the terms plug chop mean?
Old 23-02-2010, 08:13 PM   #6
jayce

Quote:
Sorry again jayce whats the terms plug chop mean?
warm the bike up take it for a spin hold it 4th flat out pull in clutch and kill switch same time then check the plug colour,if whiteish its lean ,black rich and golden brown is right colour,get hold ov katoom he helped me with my carb hes a top guy
Old 23-02-2010, 08:22 PM   #7
Kimishyoko

Oh the spark plug colour test erm i mentioned in previous post that its stuck on running risch cause i did this test and no matter which way my mixture screw is its allways sooty black (rich)
Old 23-02-2010, 08:53 PM   #8
jayce

Quote:
Oh the spark plug colour test erm i mentioned in previous post that its stuck on running risch cause i did this test and no matter which way my mixture screw is its allways sooty black (rich)
well u need to put smaller jets in if its sooty black
Old 23-02-2010, 08:54 PM   #9
Dangle_kt
PBC Legend

you have gone from a 110 to a 150? did you get a new carb or are you running the old carb?

just be aware if you are running the bike a lot in the garage or back garden then the plug can LOOK like its rich just cos its not under load - or at least thats what I have always found - to do a proper plug chop the bike needs to be up to temp and on a proper run out. that is just what I have found over the years, ive never read it anywhere - so I could be wrong
Dangle_kt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 09:50 PM   #10
Kimishyoko

Dangle, nah the 150cc alrdy has its own carb on and ok jayce im gonna get some should i upgrade the main jet or all 3 parts?