Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Discussion & Reviews > Gallery > Pictures

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-11-2008, 08:02 AM   #1
Adam #6
Super King

Bike: M2R 140 Std
My Project

Hi, Just thought i would start a thread on my project. Its a mini dirt bike cag and got it for £10 of a mate.

Its not working at the minute, it needs new pullstart, clutch, air filter and maybe carb.

I'm going to make it into the super moto look as i have seen a mini look like this and think it will look quite good.

I've got some skateboard plans that i plan to mount on the rear axle or swingarm?? and some on the front. Also for the real supermoto look i am planning on putting some skateboard wheels under the footpegs.

So here it is when i got it :

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
The first thing i did was take it all apart to see what needed doing and the clutch shoes were metal There is also another problem if you dont have the chain magga tight the spocket will fall off

I didnt like the samller bars on it and i would have had to ride it like a minimoto if i had keep them bars on so i got a spare set on S & M slam bmx bars and put them on( the cables were only just long enough ) and put some new matching levers on.

Here it is :

Im going to keep editing this first post with changes and separating by the line above.
Today i bought pull start, clutch shoes + springs, Carb and filter off a lad from school .

Got home fitted them (apart from carb, the one that is on has got a chewed bolt and i havent got a clue how im going to get it off )

Also came across another problem may need a new coil too , i tried starting it and it didnt seem to be sparking for i took the spark plug out and it wasnt so i have a spare one tried that again no spark , so im think its the coil .
My dads mate got a cag for free but needs things on it, so he was going to throw it away.
The engine works so i am going to put that in here

So today i got the old engine out . Took the things off that will need to go on the other engine.

Bikes got some new stickers , and i put a monster moto pad i had spare on it + its now got skateboard wheels under the pegs.

Engine Out :

Pad and stickers :

Bobbins :

My mate had this problem that the front sprocket would always fall off unless you have the chain mega tight , so im going to tack weld it on:

Now everything is off im going to give it a good clean ready for new engine.
Adam #6 is offline   Reply With Quote