Go Back   Pit Bike Club > PBC Info Base > PBC Reviews

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-08-2009, 02:41 PM   #1
timwheeldon

Bike: demon 140
Smile Demon 140/125

I ordered two bikes from Derek at Cokermoto: a 140cc for myself and a 125cc for my girlfriend. when i placed the original order, the bikes were out of stock, but arrived in the UK when i was told they would. Delivery was amazingly quick - they arrived at my house at 10:00AM the morning after they'd been received by Cokermoto. Unfortunately, they had sent me three bikes when i'd only ordered two, but a friend of mine saw the bikes and bought the third from me before i'd even had chance to return it!

Building the bikes took a little while - there were no instructions. Without a basic knowledge of how motorbikes work, someone might struggle to build one. Definitely allow a couple of hours to build and adjust one of these bikes.

Although the bikes look the same, there are some differences: figuring out that the 125cc CANNOT be started if you're holding the clutch lever in, while the 140cc clutch CAN be held in was frustrating, but i guess the user's manual would have told me that if i'd read it.

once built, the bikes look amazing - i ordered different graphic options which are to be delivered later, but the standard graphics look great. i probably had around 20 people coming over to look at them - everyone wanted a go and couldn't believe how cheap they were.

I had heard that the build quality of chinese bikes was poor. i have to say that they are not of the same quality as the standard Honda/Yamaha/Kawasaki bikes, but let's not forget the difference in price. The bikes seem sturdy enough and actually i was impressed with teh quality of most of the components.

I have read some reviews where the service offered from Cokermoto is questioned and even slated. Everyone can have different experiences, but expectations can cloud people's impressions. These bikes are shipped in from China and shipping dates can be unpredictable: If you want a bike on a specific day, go to a local dealer and pay three times the price.

In terms of the contact I had from Derek, I have no complaints. I found him to be friendly and helpful. He may not always answer the phone, but whenever he spotted a missed call, he'd call that number back within a couple of hours.

I tried Ghost Bikes in Preston before I bought from Cokermoto. I found them to be unhelpful to the point of apathetic, despite the fact that I wanted to buy two bikes from them.

Overall? Brilliant bikes. Great service. Really pleased. I would recommend Cokermoto and Demon bikes to anyone.
timwheeldon is offline   Reply With Quote