Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Discussion & Reviews > Pit Bike Discussion

Old 12-07-2013, 10:38 PM   #1
rexfan10
On Stabilizers

Bike: aprilia rs50
New bike, first run, now what?

Hi all

Just got my shiny new m2r kmx140 in the post about 3 or 4 days ago.
I called a friend who's got lots of technical know how to come and help me assemble it properly and check everything is ok before the first run, however after growing very impatient i built it up today and took it for a spin

Before i took it for its first spin i changed the oil, replaced the sump for a magnetic one and checked all nuts n' bolts were nice and tight.

Ive noticed after my 15 minute ride that the chain has become very loose, i expected that to happen so will be tightening it tomorrow, but is there anything else that anybody reccomends me to do?

for eg. should i tip the bike over, take out the sump and take all the metal fillings of the magnet? Should i change the oil again? etc. etc.

Thanks!

ps. What i think on the bike:
When i first got it assembled and changed the oil and added fuel i couldnt get it started. First thing that i noticed was the fuel line was creased in a few areas due to it being too long, so after trimming it a got a filter full of fuel instead of quarter full and a manged to get the bike going for about 2 minutes, after much tinkering around i eventually figured out that the fuel tap is back to front ie. on is off!!

Ive never ridden a motorbike before let alone one with a clutch (im used to semi automatic utility quads) so as you could imagine i stalled it a good few times due to going to slow in too high a gear etc.

After riding around for 10 minutes or so my gear changes definately got a lot smoother and i picked up a bit more speed however i havent even gone near half throttle and it seems to bomb along lol.

I accidently wheelied a few times whilst trying to set off from a stand still aswell

so far im loving the bike and would highly reccomend one, however the ride wasnt as smoooth as expected, which is strange because both front and rear suspension are set quite soft

5 minutes later and ive still got an itchy arse from the vibrations in the seat

anyhoo, my mate it still going to come down and give it a looking over incase ive done anything stupid like install the rear shock upside down :P

any questions about the bike, please feel free to ask, although i think i'll be asking a lot more than answering!

cheers all,
Rex
rexfan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:52 PM   #2
harrison27
PBC Legend

Bike: D-LINK 160
Re: New bike, first run, now what?

go over all the nuts and bolts again, id leave the sump plug and oil for a few more rides until its run in.

check the spokes in the wheels are all tight and all the mechanical cables are tight (just readjust them if needed).

and then get back out on it!
harrison27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:53 PM   #3
DemonPitbike
On Stabilizers

Bike: Yz 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison27 View Post
go over all the nuts and bolts again, id leave the sump plug and oil for a few more rides until its run in.

check the spokes in the wheels are all tight and all the mechanical cables are tight (just readjust them if needed).

and on top of that post pictures of your bike
DemonPitbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:08 PM   #4
rexfan10
On Stabilizers

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison27 View Post

Ok, thanks!
Old 12-07-2013, 11:09 PM   #5
rexfan10
On Stabilizers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonPitbike View Post
and on top of that post pictures of your bike
I would if i didnt sell my bridge camera in order to buy the bike
Old 12-07-2013, 11:12 PM   #6
DemonPitbike
On Stabilizers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexfan10 View Post
I would if i didnt sell my bridge camera in order to buy the bike
haha did you get it from welsh pitbikes? iv advertised my consoles to buy HD Mx Goggles for when im ready to go out just to get a chain and sprockets and try and find my split pins lol
Old 12-07-2013, 11:16 PM   #7
rexfan10
On Stabilizers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonPitbike View Post
haha did you get it from welsh pitbikes? iv advertised my consoles to buy HD Mx Goggles for when im ready to go out just to get a chain and sprockets and try and find my split pins lol
I went and bought it from funbikes, welshpitbikes dont sell the m2r and its been a fortnight and they stil havent got back to me with a shipping quote

I dont think ill be getting an action camera anytime soon. tbh i dont think i'd want anybody to see me riding, atleast not untill i get a bit better
Old 12-07-2013, 11:20 PM   #8
DemonPitbike
On Stabilizers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexfan10 View Post
I went and bought it from funbikes, welshpitbikes dont sell the m2r and its been a fortnight and they stil havent got back to me with a shipping quote

I dont think ill be getting an action camera anytime soon. tbh i dont think i'd want anybody to see me riding, atleast not untill i get a bit better
haha! yeah man they took a week to reply to me about a question about the demon x. and ahah all the more fun man iv never been on a bike for over 3 year never mind a pitbike lol
Old 12-07-2013, 11:27 PM   #9
delboy109
Super King

Bike: Dlink & xlr160

Should of left the stock oil in for a bit till everything is bedded in then changed it
Get a decent spark plug in it as well
delboy109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2013, 12:09 AM   #10
harrison27
PBC Legend

Bike: D-LINK 160

oil the air filter aswell buddy!
harrison27 is offline   Reply With Quote