Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Discussion & Reviews > The Workshop

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-01-2012, 08:03 PM   #1
spexx
Super King

Bike: Honda Cub 70
Question Road Legal Lights/loom HELP PLEAASSEE

Video now on page 2 and 3 plus more help needed on page 3. Loadsa info on this thread if you trying to run some lights.
I really need help on this as I don't know were to start or anything plus the thread should help others in the future. So ...
With 4&1/2 months till summer, realised I got time to make my summer time road legal project fully kitted with lights plus indicators. (Also want less reasons for Pc Plod to pull me over)
So, got myself a wiring loom and rear light with indicators. Will be buying headlight and front indicators after I figure out what I've got here and how it works or how to connect things up.
The engine is a new 125cc Lifan Big Valve (12v) with 5 wires coming from it and 0 miles on the clock. I will update with pics to help in the future.
Currently connected to the original pitbike loom like this

This is the loom I just got and want to fit

So 1st I want to know what these important looking parts are.
What is this
1. Thinks it regulator... confirmed

2. tHE STARTER COIL right ???

3. wHATS THIS... number 3 is a starter solenoid for electric start models Confirmed

3. WHAT THE HELL IS IT...Starter solenoid

4. IS THIS THE CDI? Yes Confirmed White connector is for engine wires

CLOSE UP of cdi and 4 cut wires for ignition switch

Just answer as picture 3 or 4 is ...... (Thanks)
So understanding this loom a bit more and where to connect what
Starting from one end of the loom there's these coming of the main body of the loom

And again

So thats one end of the loom, what connects were lol??

Moving up the loom we have these

AND AGAIN

AT THE END OF THE LOOM

AND AGAIN, LOADS OF CONNECTIONS

Spark plug coil

So thats the loom. Handlebar switches on 1st picture.
What bit connects to my engine? The wires in the white plug next to the CDI.
Do I need A battery aswell?? No engine started on kickstart withoutr battery.
Were do the rear lights / headlights connect to?? To the matching wires.
This is all info i've learnt and will update as i learn more.

If i cant get help, i will just sell the loom, replace bulbs in rear light/reg plate bracket with bicycle L.E.D's and same for headlight to create a simpler setup lol. I dont know, i just need your help.
spexx is offline   Reply With Quote