Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Old 31-05-2007, 04:52 PM   #1
englishjenny
Compulsive Poster

Bike: lxr 125
superstompx140 review

Superstompx140 review
By jenny Kingman
Ok so I wasn?t as fortunate as some and had only £450-£500 to spend on a new pit so klx and crf70 where out of the picture, but after hearing some positive reviews about stomps I decided to go for a superstompx 140 which is the upgraded version of the superstomp140 with some upgrades and improvements.
Specs:

140cc Lifan engine. Affordable, powerful bike with 12HP! Thats 70mph!

High performance 140 cc Oil cooled Lifan Engine

Oil filled forks with Alloy Triple Clamps

Adjustable rear shock

Extended swing arm (ball race pivot)

Alloy bars

Alloy levers

SDG Hubs with latest wavey disks

Braided steel brake lines

PP Plastics

Quality Steel Frame

High strength KMC gold chain
Added Features:

Open Front Sprocket,

SDG Cradle Frame,

Anodised lightweight oil cooler,

Upside Down Forks
Well after ordering bike it came within 24hrs as stated.
Put bike together was really straight forward took me a matter of minutes to put bars, shock, and front wheel on then I stood back to admire my new toy. It looked great with the mid size wheels,usd?s and oil cooler but my favourite part has to be the sdg frame it looks amazing.
I started the bike and I started first kick but the exhaust is way to loud for my liking, loudest stock exhaust I?ve ever had on a pit, so I wedged a spare silencer I had in it just not to annoy my neighbours to much when I start it in the garden. But apart from that the bike ticked over perfectly.
I took the bike out for a short ride and the weather conditions weren?t great but my stock tyres surprised me by sailing through the mud and gripping really well. I was expecting to have to upgrade the stock tyres straight away, but they have a decent amount of grip so should last me a good while before I have to buy some upgraded ones.
The engine is amazing for a Chinese copy, it has so much power and scared the hell out of me when I was in 3rd gear, I didn?t have the guts to bottom out in 4th.
I let a more experienced friend of mine who rides trials bikes take the bike up a hill known as ?death hill? as very few bikes make it to the top, usually only trials bikes and big motocross bikes succeed and my heart was in my mouth as he went up I was almost certain that he wouldn?t make it and flip it or bail out or something, but after a struggle he made it to the top, I was shocked I don?t think anyone has ever made it up that hill on a pit. He came down grinning saying he wanted to buy my bike and saying it had so much grunt for a Chinese engine, after I managed to wedge him off my bike I continued my test ride and was surprised again buy the stock Chinese adjustable shock, it wasn?t all that bad I wasn?t bouncing around like tigger on a pogo stick like I have been on previous Chinese pit bikes and it didn?t look flimsy. Also as the shock is adjustable it allows you to adjust it to suit you.
The brakes are great not to sharp but responsive and a decent back brake is needed where I ride so was very impressed with those to.
My usd?s where a bit stiff but after an oil change and a few decent rides to wear them in they should be fine.
I don?t like the handle bars they are to low and when I was coming down a hill I thought I was going to flip over them, but this is only a minor problem which can be fixed with some bar raisers or some decent bars. I don?t like the stock exhaust either it?s way to loud and , makes the bike sound like a tin can. but I didn?t expect all parts to be top notch on this bike or it would have been a lot more than £450 so for that price I defiantly cannot grumble.
I love the sdg hubs they are nice and sturdy and don?t feel flimsy and as though they would collapse after landing a small jump, they look great to.
The plastics also took me by surprise I got cocky and under estimated the power of this bike and took a corner way to fast and hit a tree, I was sure I?d smashed my mud guard and front plastics but I hadn?t there was just a tiny scratch on my mud guard so very impressed with plastic quality whereas on other pits I?ve had the plastics have shattered at the slightest bump.
The gears are all up so no more false neutrals and there actually is a first and second gear so I won?t be changing the sprocket setup like I was expecting to have to do.
The foot pegs you either hate them or love them but I like them there nice and chunky and good for mx boots.
Overall I am very impressed and happy with this bike and can?t wait to ride it again. At £450 this bike is well worth it and won?t fail to disappoint!
best chinese budget pit i've ever owned

Well done to stomp!
englishjenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2007, 05:29 PM   #2
Pitbikeboy

Re: superstompx140 review

hi thanks for the review i am looking at getting this bike and it has really helped i would just like to know if there are any bad points about this bike and also can i have some pictures or even a video tour with the engine started many thanks
Pitbikeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2007, 05:35 PM   #3
dan-mel

clas review
dan-mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2007, 05:50 PM   #4
locky1

Bike: not 1 yet

who did u buy from ?????
locky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2007, 10:28 PM   #5
Despise
superpit1337

Bike: CRF70/CRF50base

wow sweet review. please do a review in 3 months time. Great stuff m8
Despise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2007, 10:39 PM   #6
toby_crispin

Bike: Shineray XYGY12

lush bike, ive been looking at these for a while now, do you have any photos or videos of it, cause i want to see hwat its really like. Cheers, Toby
toby_crispin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2007, 11:27 PM   #7
englishjenny
Compulsive Poster

ok will be getting more pics soon hopefully this weekend.

and the only bits i don't like about this pit is
exhaust,and handlebars but there only minor things that don't cost to much to replace and like i said in my review i didn't expect all parts to be to my satisfaction coz if they where the bike would be way more than £450.
also i thought i was going to have to upgrade shock and tyres straight away,but they are decent for stock and i won't be upgrading for a good while now

well worth the money guys if you have a small budget like me
Old 01-06-2007, 02:07 PM   #8
englishjenny
Compulsive Poster

few pics

Old 02-06-2007, 01:20 PM   #9
Pitbikeboy