Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Discussion & Reviews > The Workshop

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Old 21-12-2015, 12:38 PM   #11
cockneysi1991
On Stabilizers

Bike: 125 thunpstar
Re: jumps under power 3rd gear

its a motorbike breakers who also do repairs based in notts shirebrook his adress is..
Main Street Motorcycles

• Tel: 01623 743547

55 Main Street, Shirebrook, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG20 8AN

Business Overview

Scooter and Pike bike breakers

Pit bike and Scooter breakers.
New and used parts.
Engine rebuilds.
Servicing and repairs.
Pit bike and Scooter sale.
Friendly, trustworthy service.

i thought so about the gear secltor rod. also the kickstart main shaft has 5mm of play in so when rev is sounds like kickstart teeth is pushing down push the rod in and it stops. tbh i have a few freinds who used him and never had a problem they did have mopeds dough and not a pitty... please mountian RFZ PLEASE advice me mate and thanks for other replys i just gunnna check that other link out now. thanks all been helpful
cockneysi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2015, 12:51 PM   #12
cockneysi1991
On Stabilizers

Quote:
Originally Posted by krigl View Post
Hi...

I am 100% sure this is the coulprit...

http://www.southbayriders.com/forums/threads/131786/

Take look at the pictures, it is all cleary visible.
I have seen and fixed these kind of filures on ATVs, but in your case, I would go for a new gearbox since for pitbikes is not as nearly expensive as it is for ATVs.

Have a good one.

Best Regards.
thanks yes i have read on internet this many times always points to gears after secltor rod and shift drum i have pasted him that info and a link to this post. lol hope he dosent get to mad and take it out on my poor engine lol. thanks everyone !!!
Old 21-12-2015, 02:48 PM   #13
Mountain RFZ
Super King

Bike: RFZ 140 open

So he has your engine now?

Basically theres a few things you can do either try settle it yourself by getting a partial refund or get him to fix it without you paying extra.

Or you can get in contact with trading standards/ citizens advice bureau

You could also threaten him with small claims action. (take him to a small claims court)

You are fully covered by consumer rights. He is in the wrong he hasn't done the job properly.

Going the legal is a lot of palaver for you and him. Letters/emails etc...
Mountain RFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2015, 11:08 PM   #14
cockneysi1991
On Stabilizers

yes he has my engine after returning it for the 2nd time. i sent him the above imformation and said i wasent happy about paying for new crankcases as he already had 115 for the replacement of the gearbox and new rings. he has changed his voice and now has asked me if i would like him to split the engine again. i said i dident want to put anymore money into this engine. so iam waiting for a reply back. its a shame as my son has a new bike and would love to take him rideing but the shop closes on wensday so i guess he wont strip it till newyear.. but i guess hopefully 2nd time round the problem get sorted. he states = they our fine mate and its had a new selector drum and forks so god knows mate i can split it again mate if u want me to. my reply was as above. thanks for advice and i will post next convo and if problem gets sorted i will post what it was. so if he has changed all the above parts is the gear cluster all that is left to be changed ? worn crank cases coulddnt influnce this or worn gearbox bearing no ? i do know the lad who had this befor hammerd it and i have put atleast 150 miles 40 odd engine hours on it whilst its had this problem just stayed off third. thanks again for your reply kind regards and merry crimbo
Old 21-12-2015, 11:10 PM   #15
cockneysi1991
On Stabilizers

so i should exspect him to split it again for free and fit a new cluster ? as i did exsplain the problem and showed vid of this happening in the first place and he quoted 100 quid labour plus parts what 15 quid for the parts i posted ? so i should have to pay for gear cluster or should i just say u should of done this right first time so not paying for the second split or parts lol
Old 22-12-2015, 01:11 AM   #16
Mountain RFZ
Super King

I would if he is splitting it again pay for the parts but don't go paying for labour.

If it possible to test ride it, you can say to him can I test drive it first before paying so that you know its been done properly, the last thing you want to do is give him more money and the problem still be there.

Its a tough one... like with any garage/faults. how about we see this video? link?

If he is saying it could be this it could be that.... if the problem has been there for a considerable amount of time then there should be an indication as to wtf is going on.

What a shitter this is all on Christmas for you..
Old 22-12-2015, 01:18 AM   #17
Mountain RFZ
Super King

Also look at how much parts cost before paying twice the price for them.

You are also likely going to be given maybe?? old second hand parts but you are never going to know...

Ebay.. ooracing etc to check for price of what he is saying he is replacing.

BUT it wont need crank cases what a load of bullshit, unless they are cracked or something but he should of seen that in the first place.

Tell him you will only pay for parts at cost price.
Old 23-12-2015, 09:48 AM   #18
cockneysi1991
On Stabilizers

mountian the cranck cases arnt cracked or shit. He has said he will do this free of charge . i agree myself about parts and the shifter forks and drums our new but yes likey to be seconds for gearcluster if there unversial around 125cc pitbike engine. only down fall is have to wait to near year, but atleast now he realies think he must be a pitbike club member as he was very blarzea about it now he changed is tune. so touch wood it will get sorted in new year i will let everyone no what the problem was or is hopefully. great advice as i have never been in this situation befor. thanks a mill made it alot easyer as i thought i was out of pocket . have a good one mate bye all for now
Old 29-12-2015, 11:18 AM   #19
cockneysi1991
On Stabilizers

hi all hope everyone had a good crimbo. i have manged to upload a video of the bike doing the 3rd gear problem. if u read the other posts u will read the parts that have been fitted to try and sort this problem. if u listen to the engine u will hear it jumping. if anyone could enlighten me to this issue it would be great. if the guy cant fix this i will probs buy another engine so if anyone has any in full working con please post. enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVzW9R9t9jg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVzW...&feature=share

p.s i dont normally ride dressed the way iam. it was just to try engine after repairs so plz dont flame. many thanks si
Old 29-12-2015, 11:26 AM   #20
Iron man 27
Novice

Bike: 125cc xblade

Hi mate i am new to pitbike club and how do i post want i am looking for
Iron man 27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gearbox ? shifterforks