Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Old 07-09-2015, 04:08 PM   #11
baddad
Super King

Bike: Monster Pro M2
Re: NMRRC 140 stock championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinerrz View Post
Thanks for the info so far guys, i have decided to buy from britishminibikes.co.uk but am confused at the difference between the following bikes and prices. If it makes any difference i want a crf50 frame as I'm only 140lbs and 5'8". I could be persuaded to get a crf70 frame but as I've never sat on either, I'm inclined to go for the smaller bike.

IMR Racing Corse R 140 - £1,195
IMR Racing Super Corse R 140 - £1,295
Monster Pro M2 140 - £1,395
Monster Pro M4 140 - £1,495

Obviously i don't want to spend £300 i don't have to and since they're all stock bikes, shouldn't they be equal? Could someone explain the differences between these bikes as if i'm a 5 year old before i buy the wrong one.

Thanks in advance.

right the Imr Corse and Monster Pro M2 bikes are both CRF 50 size bikes and are pretty much identical except the Monster Pro M2 comes with the GPX Exhuast. It also comes into the UK with a Z155 engine so because there is a cost involved in swapping it out to a 140 we charge the same price for either Z155 or YX140.

The IMR Corse uses the same frame geometry and swing arm as the M2 etc but comes with a standard non fancy exhaust and with a YX 140 engine fitted so because of this works out cheaper at £1,195.00

Both bikes come complete and ready to ride inc axle bobbins, hand gaurds, catch tray, pmt slick tyres on mag wheels, low rise fat bars, peg sliders and drilled sump plugs.

We like to meet you trackside to collect bike so we can help with setup etc.

All you need to do is run the engine in, drop existing oil, replace and then lock wire sump plug. Oh and give everything a check over and locktight any bolts etc that have come loose. (they will as its a pitbike).
baddad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 04:16 PM   #12
baddad
Super King

Also on 27th September we have an Open day / track day at Stretton Circuit near leicester.

I will be there along with some of the other organisers and will have both Monster Pro & IMR Racing bikes on display. Hoping to have CW Bikes and Mini Moto racing there too.

Would be a great time to come down and speak to us and meet some of the other riders etc and have a sit on the bikes etc and see what your getting for your money.

Bring your kit and we might even be able to get you out on one of the Race Teams bikes to see what they are all about
Old 08-09-2015, 03:28 PM   #13
Tinerrz
Novice

Thanks that's a very kind offer. Unfortunately, I can't get down on the 27th because of work commitments but i was thinking of getting down to whilton mill on the 4th October. Will you have bikes at that meet?
Tinerrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 12:46 PM   #14
baddad
Super King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinerrz View Post
Thanks that's a very kind offer. Unfortunately, I can't get down on the 27th because of work commitments but i was thinking of getting down to whilton mill on the 4th October. Will you have bikes at that meet?
Not on display as such as the lads will be racing and I will be running the event so not so much time to talk things through with you as its a pretty full on day for me. Unless you can make it for Saturday evening practice on 3rd as i have far more time then.

Think we will probably only have the MiniGP 110 on display at Whilton. (not much space in the van on race day).
Old 09-09-2015, 05:16 PM   #15
james47
PBC Veteran

Bike: 140EliteSM

I'll just add its still worth popping along to the race meeting at Whilton if you can. There will be every variety of bike out there and everyone is more than happy to talk through things.
If you do go pop over to us (K&B Racing awning) as you can compare a 50 and 70 frame side by side for comfort etc.~
james47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 06:48 PM   #16
Dangle_kt
PBC Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by james47 View Post
I'll just add its still worth popping along to the race meeting at Whilton if you can. There will be every variety of bike out there and everyone is more than happy to talk through things.
If you do go pop over to us (K&B Racing awning) as you can compare a 50 and 70 frame side by side for comfort etc.~
Careful you don't miss the awning, it is very subtle...
Dangle_kt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 05:26 PM   #17
james47
PBC Veteran

Bike: 140EliteSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangle_kt View Post
Careful you don't miss the awning, it is very subtle...
We dont like to do things by half
james47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 04:38 PM   #18
pdexter86
Novice

Bike: None yet

Hi Guys,

I spotted this on fun bikes: http://www.funbikes.co.uk/M2R_Racing...ike(5040).aspx

Anyone know if these are actually raced by people in the british minibikes?
Has anyone heard whether they are any good?

Thanks
Paul
pdexter86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 01:00 PM   #19
baddad
Super King

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdexter86 View Post
Hi Guys,

I spotted this on fun bikes: http://www.funbikes.co.uk/M2R_Racing...ike(5040).aspx

Anyone know if these are actually raced by people in the british minibikes?
Has anyone heard whether they are any good?

Thanks
Paul
They are damn good value for money and think several are out on circuit.

You will need to factor in changing tyres to PMTs or similar as the road ones on them will have you on your arse every 5 minutes if you race them, Approx £110 also a catch tray at around £30 Footpeg sliders/bobbins around £10 and a drilled sumpl plug around £6
Old 08-10-2015, 11:48 AM   #20
pdexter86
Novice

Bike: None yet

Yeah I do like the look of them a lot, especially for the price. As for the tyres do you have any recommendations other than PMTs. I.E is there like a top tyre, mid range and then low end price wise or is it just better idea to go with the top end ones full stop.
Also any advice on wets as well would be good
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddad View Post
They are damn good value for money and think several are out on circuit.

You will need to factor in changing tyres to PMTs or similar as the road ones on them will have you on your arse every 5 minutes if you race them, Approx £110 also a catch tray at around £30 Footpeg sliders/bobbins around £10 and a drilled sumpl plug around £6
pdexter86 is offline   Reply With Quote