Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Discussion & Reviews > MiniBike Supermoto

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Old 20-09-2015, 10:57 AM   #1
Creamsodauk
On Stabilizers

Bike: Honda Msx
Mag wheels don't fit

Right lads

Just brought a new set of cw mag wheels and tyres and attempted to fit them to my new wpb

The tyre touches the fork protectors and the spacers are a good cm too wide to fit between the forks?

They are listed to fit so am I doing something wrong here

Kris
Creamsodauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2015, 12:33 PM   #2
thebigd
Wheelie King

Bike: pitster pro x4
Re: Mag wheels don't fit

need different spacers mate
thebigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2015, 03:29 PM   #3
Creamsodauk
On Stabilizers

Can you buy them or do they have to be made?

I will also need a new front disc and bolts as two of the 4 bolts have rounded even with decent quality tools!

I shall have to use heat from now on 8-)

If the spacers are sold, where from and how do I know what size I need
Old 21-09-2015, 12:07 AM   #4
Crusty888
On Stabilizers

Bike: Stomp 140

I had to make mine from the originals
Crusty888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2015, 09:46 AM   #5
Dangle_kt
PBC Legend

buy a bag of 15mm OD washer from B&Q, bit of electric tape to hold them together, that will get you on the track. once you are sure you have a the right size you can get one made up that you know will be right.
Dangle_kt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2015, 11:21 AM   #6
quimjuicemonkey
Super King

Bike: xsport/stomp

strange as i have same wheels and bike and mine fitted as for the fork gaurd i had to grind a bit of only due to the tyres that were fitted but 90/90/12 would clear you could leave spacer out and use small piece of cardboard to mesure the gap or try and get a small tape mesure or vernere in there e bay sell spacers and iron mungers/ b&q like someone mentioned sell tube and yes allways heat the disc bolts up if you have one stuck put a small slit in it with a thin disc grinder and tap round after heating up with punch
quimjuicemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2015, 08:34 PM   #7
james47
PBC Veteran

Bike: 140EliteSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangle_kt View Post
buy a bag of 15mm OD washer from B&Q, bit of electric tape to hold them together, that will get you on the track. once you are sure you have a the right size you can get one made up that you know will be right.
I.D
james47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 12:57 PM   #8
Creamsodauk
On Stabilizers

Picked up washers 3mm thick 16mm id and 30mm od

So I have had a go at fitting the rear wheel and with success

I made spacers up with washers to make the wheel alignment spot on!

But when you tighten the wheel up you crush the bearings and the wheel becomes tight, how do you go around this other then too loosen the bolt off a bit ?

Also the wheel spacers have lips that fit into the original wheels, the right hand spacer does fit into the mag wheel fine, however the left spacer lip does not fit into the mag wheel

If I buy spacers too match the width of my washers which fit perfect what do I do about the lip on the apacer as this won't fit into the wheel like it's designed and will push the spacer out wider

Any help appreciated guys 8-)
Old 01-03-2016, 08:15 PM   #9
Lewis68
Novice

Bike: Aerox, shineray
Hi mate I just bought some from cw and I think I may have the same problem, did you manage to sort it and how did you make the spacers thanks
Lewis68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 12:10 AM   #10
dlatch
Senior

Bike: WPB race 160

from memory the sprocket side spacer needs to be shorter and the brake disc side longer to fit the mags
the wheel locking up may actually be the caliper being pulled onto the brake disc
also there is a difference in the stock spacer sizes between different wheels for example the cnc hub wheels with the outer seal are different to the steel hubs with no seal
go back to basics and line everything up with no spacers in and then measure the gaps left
dlatch is offline   Reply With Quote