Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Discussion & Reviews > The Workshop

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Old 24-06-2007, 06:37 PM   #1
bmxbandit

Bike: pit monster 110
no spark!!!!!!!!!!!

hi been trying to start my bike and it wont start. there is no spark at all with a new and old spark plug. tested for continuity on most of the wiring loom. coil seems to be ok and also the killswitch. using a brand new ooracing cdi so cant see that been nackerd. also new inner rotor fitted about 2 month ago. any suggestions please?
bmxbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2007, 06:43 PM   #2
Despise
superpit1337

Bike: CRF70/CRF50base
Re: no spark!!!!!!!!!!!

Im in the same situaton as you atm fitting a 140 lifan engine. Im next to change the ignition coil, cdi & if i have to the stator too. Also will give the pickup a clean. Im taking small steps before I do anything like the stator ect... I know my problem is electrical.
Despise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2007, 05:14 PM   #3
bmxbandit

yeah i no this problem is definately electrical but where do you start. i found a wiring diagram but aint had a propper look at it yet.i had a guy fit a new inner rotor as my mate managed to snap off the pick up. this guy has crimped the wires together but not very well. hopefully by soldering the joints together i will get a better connection and hopefully a spark.
Old 25-06-2007, 05:17 PM   #4
Despise
superpit1337

All I know is that the engine I have was running before sent to me and now it dont want to run. My wiring is correct so Im sure it can only be something going on with the pick up for me. But Im to check everything anyway.
Old 25-06-2007, 05:26 PM   #5
bmxbandit

yeah good call. on mine it is only a two month old rotor kit so cant see it been that but i aint too sure. cant guarantee the quality of this guys workmanship or parts that he gets. hoping it is just his terminations on the new wires. cant understand it though cause one minute it worked fine then i operated the stop button to kill the engine then 2 mins later i tried to start it and it wouldn't start or get a spark?
Old 25-06-2007, 06:18 PM   #6
Despise
superpit1337

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxbandit View Post
yeah good call. on mine it is only a two month old rotor kit so cant see it been that but i aint too sure. cant guarantee the quality of this guys workmanship or parts that he gets. hoping it is just his terminations on the new wires. cant understand it though cause one minute it worked fine then i operated the stop button to kill the engine then 2 mins later i tried to start it and it wouldn't start or get a spark?
sounds like the killswitch all together. Take off the killswitch as a test then start the bike. To kill it all you need to do is pull the ignition coil off the spark plug. If all is running happy then you will have to get yourself another killswitch. I dont have a killswitch on my bike as I got rid of it completely when it was causing me problems, to kill mine i use the igntion barrol which overously u dont have.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:03 AM   #7
jeanlee411

Bike: jeanlee411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despise View Post
All I know is that the engine I have was running before sent to me and now it dont want to run. My wiring is correct so Im sure it can only be something going on with the pick up for me. But Im to check everything anyway.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:50 AM   #8
Despise
superpit1337

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanlee411 View Post

I had checked everything I possibly could, I had no choice but to start changing components, something was on its way out, when the bike was getting hot it just didnt want nothing to do with it. Turned out to be the stator coil.

I would say to you to disconnect the killswitch 1st and try
Old 30-04-2010, 09:58 PM   #9
rowie4

Bike: pit bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxbandit View Post
hi been trying to start my bike and it wont start. there is no spark at all with a new and old spark plug. tested for continuity on most of the wiring loom. coil seems to be ok and also the killswitch. using a brand new ooracing cdi so cant see that been nackerd. also new inner rotor fitted about 2 month ago. any suggestions please?
yh i had exactly the same problem and i tryed evrything by replacing evrything and a person hu is very good with motorbike sed i wudnt get it started, and one day i was trying to take the flywheel off with a rubber mallet and i thaught i wud try my luck by starting it and it fired up first time and i found out that the stator plate wasnt touching the flywheel and if u smack the flywheel with it it shud work but dont count on me
rowie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:01 AM   #10
toasty
The Stig

Bike: M2R Prototype

i had exactly the same problem with a yx140, as soon as it got warm it cut out and no spark. changed the obvious from another bike which ran perfect and no joy. As soon as it cooled down it started again. In the end i changed the stator plate and its been perfect ever since

steve
toasty is offline   Reply With Quote