Old 28-11-2012, 07:16 PM   #1
XdanthemanX
On Stabilizers

Bike: 110 stomp
110 pit bike wire problem hel me please asap

hi my name is daniel
im 17 from cardiff and
i ride a 110 stomp

i am woundering if any of you guys can help me i bought an inner rottor kit for my pit bike and it wont spark unless i touch the earth wire on the motor witch is most proberly normall but if i bolt the earth wire down on the frame or motor it dont spark its really weird so i tried to wire it up to my stock cdi but it still dont spark if i put my finger in the spark plug cap i get a little shock but not enough to jump the gap on the spark plug and theres nothing rond with the stator plate because its a new one and the coil is fine
XdanthemanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:55 PM   #2
JordyRoo
PBC Legend

Bike: CR250 & KLX195
Re: 110 pit bike wire problem hel me please asap

Quote:
Originally Posted by XdanthemanX View Post
hi my name is daniel
im 17 from cardiff and
i ride a 110 stomp

i am woundering if any of you guys can help me i bought an inner rottor kit for my pit bike and it wont spark unless i touch the earth wire on the motor witch is most proberly normall but if i bolt the earth wire down on the frame or motor it dont spark its really weird so i tried to wire it up to my stock cdi but it still dont spark if i put my finger in the spark plug cap i get a little shock but not enough to jump the gap on the spark plug and theres nothing rond with the stator plate because its a new one and the coil is fine
just because its new dont assume it works, i had 2 IRKs both from different places that didnt work so i sent em back & never bothered again.

theres 2 wires from the stator

ones the live & ones the earth. the earth will need to be attached to the green wire on the loom & then its gonna need bolting to the frame.

im not 100% with these IRKs but if you get a proper stator id be more help.
JordyRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:07 AM   #3
XdanthemanX
On Stabilizers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordyRoo View Post
just because its new dont assume it works, i had 2 IRKs both from different places that didnt work so i sent em back & never bothered again.

theres 2 wires from the stator

ones the live & ones the earth. the earth will need to be attached to the green wire on the loom & then its gonna need bolting to the frame.

im not 100% with these IRKs but if you get a proper stator id be more help.
i sorted it i wired it up to a race cdi and it sparks now put when u put the plug in the head it dont start so i think that it isant sparking under compreson so im just gonna buy a standerd stator plate and magnito i no for 110% that that it will work then lol i washed my hands on the irk there a waste of time lol thanksfor the help anyway if i get any more problems ill post anouther thread
Old 03-12-2012, 10:59 AM   #4
JordyRoo
PBC Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by XdanthemanX View Post

i sorted it i wired it up to a race cdi and it sparks now put when u put the plug in the head it dont start so i think that it isant sparking under compreson so im just gonna buy a standerd stator plate and magnito i no for 110% that that it will work then lol i washed my hands on the irk there a waste of time lol thanksfor the help anyway if i get any more problems ill post anouther thread
it might be the carb, the timing or the plug. have you tried putting fuel straight down the plug hole? n the kicking it over?
Old 03-12-2012, 11:36 AM   #5
minorconfusion
Burning Rubber

Bike: 140 stomp

dont do this, waste of time.. even if it runs it will be momentairily, also liquid fuel into a cylinder washes all the oil from the bore/everywhere it touches/seeps into (if your rings are in poor condition for instance the fuel will run into the sump in the time it takes you to wind a plug in) bodgery mechanics that proves less than the damage it causes...same with the finger over the plug compression check, ive had a piston clean in 2 halfs in a cylinder blow my finger off the plug hole, yet returned VERRY little compression.

somethings earthing out when it shouldnt. that or you have the system wired wrong and its actually negatively sparking (wrong direction) and the engine IS earthing all power...

tyour gonna grab a conventional stator ether way, so no bother
minorconfusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:37 AM   #6
XdanthemanX
On Stabilizers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordyRoo View Post
it might be the carb, the timing or the plug. have you tried putting fuel straight down the plug hole? n the kicking it over?
yh i tried but didnt start i took my carb appartt today and it has the rong carb screws inside it so im gonna buy a new carb befor i buy a new stater plate kit
Old 03-12-2012, 02:38 PM   #7
JordyRoo
PBC Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by minorconfusion View Post
dont do this, waste of time.. even if it runs it will be momentairily, also liquid fuel into a cylinder washes all the oil from the bore/everywhere it touches/seeps into (if your rings are in poor condition for instance the fuel will run into the sump in the time it takes you to wind a plug in) bodgery mechanics that proves less than the damage it causes...same with the finger over the plug compression check, ive had a piston clean in 2 halfs in a cylinder blow my finger off the plug hole, yet returned VERRY little compression.

somethings earthing out when it shouldnt. that or you have the system wired wrong and its actually negatively sparking (wrong direction) and the engine IS earthing all power...

tyour gonna grab a conventional stator ether way, so no bother
the fuel down the cylinder trick is to see if it fires. not to start it, whats with all the technical bullshit all the time mate?? no one give a flying FU CK that you think you know EVERYTHING get a grip. dont teach me to suck eggs i know what im talking about.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:05 AM   #8
Tappety Tom
Wheelie King

Bike: Crf110

Becarefull jordy hes a indgo belt in marbles
Tappety Tom is offline   Reply With Quote