Go Back   Pit Bike Club > PBC Info Base > PBC Projects

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Old 28-04-2018, 08:25 PM   #1
PitBikeDemon
Novice

Bike: Demon X DXR 110
No Spark on Demon X pit bike

Hi everyone, I have been redoing my pit bike's (demon x dxr 110) wiring system, as one day I went to start it and there was no spark, this was only 3 months ago. I went to a mechanic and he told me to get a new stator, as it was fried (easy job, right!).There was no spark after fitting the stator so I sent off for a package which came with a new coil, new spark plug, new CDI, new kill switch and new wires. All fitted on and still no spark. just to simplify it, I have bought new:

- Stator plate
- Coil
- Spark plug
- CDI
- Kill Switch
- All wires on the loom

And the only thing which is original on the bike in terms of the electrical system is the flywheel, (this is now my next suspect), but I would really like to know what you guys think.
Thanks in advance!
PitBikeDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2018, 10:03 PM   #2
Rickwales
Super King

Bike: stomp
Re: No Spark on Demon X pit bike

Disconnect the kill switch just in case theres an issue there. I dont trust the rocker switch so changed to button one as soon as I got bike
Rickwales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 08:45 AM   #3
PitBikeDemon
Novice

I have heard the kill switch is a problem on a lot of bikes, so I disconnected immediately as I am only trying to find a spark which I have none of right now! I will probably change to button anyway as you say because it is temperamental at the best of times!
Old 29-04-2018, 08:52 AM   #4
Jono916
Wheelie King

Bike: klx 110 mod

whats your earth connection like? maybe give the connection and sand to freshen it up.
generally when i don't have a spark i work my way backwards done the wiring, start at the plug then backwards. its also starting at the cheapest to replace
Jono916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 08:55 AM   #5
PitBikeDemon
Novice

well I replaced all the wires, so they are brand new, but are you talking about their grounding to the bike?, sorry I am not the best at electrics, I like to stick to the mechanical parts!
Old 29-04-2018, 09:01 AM   #6
Jono916
Wheelie King

Bike: klx 110 mod

yeah grounding mate, the connection between the earth wire and frame need to be nice and clean. I've had it on a moist day at the track where something gotten in there and the bike wouldn't run.
Jono916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 09:11 AM   #7
PitBikeDemon
Novice

Ok, but there are multiple places where the earth wire grounds, are you talking about the coil grounding point?
Old 29-04-2018, 12:54 PM   #8
PitBikeDemon
Novice

Hi guys, I would just like to update anyone that happens to see this thread and say that there is now spark!. Basically, I got fooled by the different Chinese parts (specifically the wires and stator) which I had ordered and linked together as the colours did not match. What i did, (and should have done at the start) is follow the wires themselves (not the colours) and then link them up with the correct component. So, in summary, please always double check your wires and DO NOT trust the colours on parts ordered from different places. It sounds so simple but it led me on a wild goose chase for a while which was frustrating!. Thank you for your helpful comments everyone!