Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Old 22-12-2010, 06:28 PM   #11
josh_milwain1
Senior

Bike: STOMP 110
Re: Kinroad XT50 GY / 50cc Enduro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dongar View Post
Cutting wires I have done too many cdi's, these cdi's are resticted, the restriction controls the rrpm. This will make the bike do a extra 5-10 mph.
Please if your not sure or dont know, dont give out bad info and just for the record its a 6 pin. The bike will be road legal so bigger engine is out of the question. I do intend to re-jet or replace card and upgread the head to a 70cc
if ur putting to a 70cc its still ilegal so why not just put a 125 in it and grind the numbers off
josh_milwain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2010, 07:20 PM   #12
oliver_125
PBC Legend

Bike: shineray.......

you actually need to put a 88 kit or whatever on because theres one in the shop near mine an even a minimoto can beat them there so slow

i hope you do upgrade it because youve prob rode it an no how slow it is?they are SLOW
oliver_125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2010, 07:28 PM   #13
SkyteamST125

Bike: Skyteam ST503TR

My first bike was a chinese enduro with a 50 pit engine, now its a 150, but heres what I did to the 50 that was actually worthwhile

Change the sprockets, they gear them stupidly to do 30
Change the ****ty chinese spark plug & cap for an NGK one right away. It'll cost you about a £1 and the bike'll run so much smoother, start better from cold, accelerate quicker, rev higher, chinese spark plugs really are terrible
Mine had a huge washer with a tiny hole in the inlet manifold, drill it out and instantly higher top end and acceleration (top end only because it revs higher)
Bigger carb & K&N,

Race CDI did nothing on mine, so not sure if cutting the wire'll give you much difference
SkyteamST125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2010, 09:25 PM   #14
mysterious_rider
PBC Legend

Bike: z50,mk2 golf.

Quote:
Cutting wires I have done too many cdi's, these cdi's are resticted, the restriction controls the rrpm. This will make the bike do a extra 5-10 mph.
Please if your not sure or dont know, dont give out bad info and just for the record its a 6 pin. The bike will be road legal so bigger engine is out of the question. I do intend to re-jet or replace card and upgread the head to a 70cc

That's pretty much bull**** as they don't revv much anyway, you'd need some seriously engine work before you noticed any difference. It definitely won't add 5-10mph it won't even be noticable. Why would you waste money on a 70 kit when a cheap 110 would be ten times better at a fraction of the price.

My information seems to be wasted on you, I won't bother posting.
mysterious_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2010, 10:50 PM   #15
josh_milwain1
Senior

Bike: STOMP 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious_rider View Post
That's pretty much bull**** as they don't revv much anyway, you'd need some seriously engine work before you noticed any difference. It definitely won't add 5-10mph it won't even be noticable. Why would you waste money on a 70 kit when a cheap 110 would be ten times better at a fraction of the price.

My information seems to be wasted on you, I won't bother posting.
LIKE !!
josh_milwain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2010, 12:38 AM   #16
dongar

Bike: Kinroad XT50 GY

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_milwain1 View Post
id just stick a 125 lifan lump and fiel the 125cc off the side alot eisier and make a hell of alot of difference
Great advice, going to get a pollin fillter for sure.
70cc is as high as I can go " road legal 50 "
dongar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2010, 12:40 AM   #17
dongar

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_milwain1 View Post
if ur putting to a 70cc its still ilegal so why not just put a 125 in it and grind the numbers off
AIR FILTER POLINI
Old 23-12-2010, 01:03 AM   #18
boab

you are deluded why would u bother to make your bike illegal buy putting a 70cc kit on which you wont notice much diffrence when you could put a bigger engine in either way your going to be illegal but with a bigger engine u will have more fun better speed and accelaration
boab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2010, 08:40 AM   #19
dervdub
Wheelie King

Bike: Slow Old Heap

Ignoring the legallity of engine mods:

Get a pic up of the CDi - I'd be really suprised if it runs a different CDi to Pit/Monkey motors, they have 6 pins, only 5 are used.

The way the generators/ignition works is that the rev limit (if there is one) is in the CDi and it's hard coded if you like, cutting wires won't do anything except maybe stop it sparking, the advance/r3tard circuit is controlled by the length of the pulsar pickup trigger - this bike could well be different though - a pic would help us work out what you have.
dervdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:47 AM   #20
dongar

Quote:
Hi there, Just bought my son a Kinroad XT50 GY / 50cc Enduro and hoping for some good avice.

I will be cutting the black and grey wire on the cdi unit, throwing on a K&N type filter to make it go a little bit faster.

I need to know will I have to ajust the spring tapit as the bikes revs will be higher and does anyone know how must RPM the Cdi will give out when I cut it. I would like to know if I should give the carb a tweek at the same time.

Any tips on sprays or waxes that might prevent the bike rusting " Cheap **** "
Well! Its for a year...
Update 3/1/2011
Okay! so far so good... I tested my sons bike yesterday took it for a spin around the block last night. The bike goes right of the clock 40+ mph/60+kpm. I havnt touched anything at this time to improve performance and as its a new engine I didnt trash it. Since getting it I have went over every nut and bolt, applying thread lock, inserted a small piece of foam under the fuel tank to avoid vibration, relaced engine oil with a higher quality brand and sprayed all moving parts with 3 and 0ne oil.
Well! it looks like I will not have to do anying to make it faster, but will most likly throw on a pollini air filter and fit a new spark plug.
Overall the only thing that I dont like is the hard suspention "front and back" but as its early days Im hoping they will soften with a little use.
I know these bikes dont have a great review and you get what you pay for.
I have a son that would have this bike dead and buried in half a hour, but I feel with TLC this bike could prove to be value for money.
At this time I would recommend one, but maybe a bit quick of the mark.
I will keep you all updated. Oh! bye the way I like to take out the front exhaust bolts and fit two springs, not spring washers, but maybe old clutch springs I have done this with every pit-bike ect and I have had no problem
with the exhaust.
???I have a question for everyone. I have know lots of kids that have trashed there c-type engines from day one and have noticed that there engines seem to go faster than a well run in one, What do you think? Not something I would do with my own, but would luv to hear from others regarding this matter. Cheers and remember " All you need is love".

Tags
c50, honda c, kinroad xt50 gy, pit bike, pitbike