Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Discussion & Reviews > MiniBike Supermoto

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Old 01-05-2006, 09:48 PM   #1
GFX

How to get your pitbike on the track!

OK ive noticed people asking alot of questions about tyres and stuff and basicly how to get there bike track ready, this is what you need to do. Follow these steps, you cant really go wrong bu t if you dont get something just drop me a PM and ill be happy to clear it up for you

1. Some axel bobins - these can be made from cheap skateboard wheels or you can do what i done and get somes custom ones made (cost �£80+ mind).

2. A sump catch tray - this can be made out of a 5L petrol can, slice the bottom off and then cable tie it to the brackets for the skid plate.

3. A carb overfill bottle or can, these can be found on ebay or you can just make one youself by any semi hard container. Just make a few holes in the cap and your set.One for the overfill pipe another for the bottom of the float chamber and then make sure you have a small breather hole as without this your bike will not be able to fuinction properly.

4. Protection- Your gona need some propper protection, my advice is if you wana go into supermoto and road racing then buy the best in your buget. Its expensive at the begining but once youve fallen off pretty bad and came out with no burns over ur A$$ ur be thanking ur luckey stars as they hurt like hell. I think Phoenix's rules state that you need full leathers with propper racing boots and a approved helmet or full MX gear with all the pads and stuff. its the riders decision i guess but i use one-piece leathers and road boots and gloves.

5. Lock yourself up! - Lockwire your Sump and dip stick - you can pick up a lockwireing tool fairly cheap. Basicly it stops your bolts coming loose and spilling crap all over the track and causing havock in you line. It consists of a plier typre tool and thin and extreemly strong wire. the plier tool spins around and makes the ure wrap around its-self and keep a strong grip on the other parts.

6. Tyres - one of the most important things your gona need. Basicly your gona need a set of 10" rims as there is no decent, race rubber for 12" exept the road legal stuff . I personaly use Bridgestone BT39's as i find them to be a good all rounder but alot of people use SAVA mc18's. in my experience ive found them to bee very very soft - too soft. one of my close friends James East actually crashed and broke his knee because of them being too soft on a hot day they just melted away while he was racing and turned to gew. hes since had to have 2 operations to repair his knee but back to his normal race wining self. he showd me that by winning his class in GP125 the other weekend and getting the fastest lap while at it.

well thats all i can think of at the moment but if you feel ive missed something out PM me and ill stick it in, me signing off. Speak to ya soon guys and gals

Tom
GFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 01:26 PM   #2
dunks5bikes

thanks for that , youve coverd all the things i needed to find out
dunks5bikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 06:01 PM   #3
GFX

no probs
GFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:26 AM   #4
inferno

Bike: Puma
great thread dude
inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2006, 08:24 PM   #5
Thumper

just a pointer

for the protection you need a 2 peice zip together or all in one piece leather suit (not mx gear), acu gold star helmet, leather gloves, shin high road racing leather or supermoto boots, and last but not leist a BACK PROTECTOR sorry tom but phoenix would not let race without one of these

and that conclueds

Tom
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2006, 06:35 PM   #6
Jackpit

Bike: none :(
i think u missed out hand guards? did u say that u can were full mx gear for supermoto??
Jackpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2006, 05:46 PM   #7
inferno

Bike: Puma
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKPIT
i think u missed out hand guards? did u say that u can were full mx gear for supermoto??
Good Point, any 1 shed light on this?
inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2006, 01:45 PM   #8
Thumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKPIT
yes hand guards are needed, NO MX GEAR IS ALLOWED!, it has to be leather
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2006, 12:08 PM   #9
Jackpit

Bike: none :(
thumper do u no where i can get some hand guards and what bars would you recomend ??????
Jackpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2006, 04:43 PM   #10
pad

that article has answered everyting i wanted to know now all i have to do is find somewhere to get a bit of practice in and some one who knows of where the start gate is to enter the "trackside" of the sport
pad is offline   Reply With Quote