Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Old 18-10-2012, 08:36 PM   #21
baddad
Super King

Bike: Monster Pro M2
Re: Super Moto Winter Season Championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Pierce View Post
that will be me in the open class then... going to get me arse handed to me!!! HA! should be a good giggle.
From what I've seen so far mate you will be up there :-) they just take time to adjust to. There will be a couple of other new guys racing in that class on the same equipment so you will be fine
baddad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2012, 08:51 PM   #22
tandy
Wheelie King

Bike: CRF150R SM

and me of course on my dodgy old Honda, held together with string and spit so no problem getting round me either
tandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2012, 10:22 PM   #23
james47
PBC Veteran

Bike: 140EliteSM

Have you looked at tracks like Red lodge, wild tracks, Ellough park beccels, Anglia karting swaffham?

When LCRRC was running they done a couple of rounds at swaffham, wicked track for bikes.
james47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2012, 10:28 PM   #24
Matt_Pierce
Track Master

Bike: yx140 Crf50 SM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james47 View Post
Have you looked at tracks like Red lodge, wild tracks, Ellough park beccels, Anglia karting swaffham?

When LCRRC was running they done a couple of rounds at swaffham, wicked track for bikes.
http://m.youtube.com/?reload=3&rdm=m...?v=j6c0LubgNFk

Looks good.
Matt_Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2012, 10:29 PM   #25
pitbikeingmad
Compulsive Poster

Bike: monstermoto sxf

Would say caxton, but it is a small track so maybe not!
pitbikeingmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2012, 10:29 PM   #26
tandy
Wheelie King

Bike: CRF150R SM

Quote:

wild tracks no longer have a licence to run bikes on tarmac, ellough park dont want us there and thats the same with pickenham, apparently we do too much damage to their tracks and (true this one) we make far too much noise
tandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2012, 11:12 PM   #27
binge
PBC Legend

Bike: Honda Chaly

Nothing wrong with Caxton at all.

It's a great track to iron out the straight line warriors on 160cc 4v engined bikes.

125 - 140 FTW at Caxton!
binge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2012, 08:27 AM   #28
james47
PBC Veteran

I havnt contacted ellough park for a couple of years now. They have never said anything about the track being damaged by the bikes. Its that about 5 or 6 years ago some kids at lcrrc decided to damage the tanoid system..

Swaffham dont have any problem with bikes last I spoke to them. They were also happy to run bike evenings but no one was interested.

Red lodge is proberbly even bigger than whilton and already run bike evenings once a month. Well worth a shot.
Old 19-10-2012, 11:30 AM   #29
baddad
Super King

Bike: Monster Pro M2

Quote:
I havnt contacted ellough park for a couple of years now. They have never said anything about the track being damaged by the bikes. Its that about 5 or 6 years ago some kids at lcrrc decided to damage the tanoid system..

Swaffham dont have any problem with bikes last I spoke to them. They were also happy to run bike evenings but no one was interested.

Red lodge is proberbly even bigger than whilton and already run bike evenings once a month. Well worth a shot.
High James the biggest problem is that it hard to guarantee numbers and most tracks want upwards of £1500 per day to book the track for a day. This means laying out large sums of money with the risk of not enough people turning up to support it. Myself and a few other have already put an awful lot of time and resources into it and until I can see for myself people turning up on cold wet days the tracks will be limited to the ones that A) are prepared to do it on a per bike basis and B) also prepared to provide ambulance marshals medics Etc on our say so thy enough people will turn up.

We could do it on a prepaid basis but from experience when we've tried this before people just arnt prepared to prepay even when they have said they will.

This is the beginning of a work in progress project that with the tracks help will develop into something economical and fun for all involved .
baddad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2012, 11:39 AM   #30
james47
PBC Veteran

Yeah I understand that ALOT of tracks want the initial pay out to cover themselves. Is it worth organising something between the riders who ride monthly at Stretton? Using the existing 'Bike only' days as the dates?