Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Old 20-01-2013, 10:33 AM   #21
baddad
Super King

Bike: Monster Pro M2
Re: National mini-bike road racing championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
Will there be a youth pit bike class or will they be able to run a pit bike with the mini gps ?
At the moment we are considering a MiniPit class for juniors. We haven't actually put an age limit on the pitbike classes. Think the youngest rider at the moment is 14 /15 and the oldest is either Me or Gaz depending on which one is being more truthful about his age at the time ie either 30 or 50

It mainly depends on the interest in a class - if the winter series is anything to go by there will be big pitbike grids and obviously we don't want young kids getting barged around by adults (although quite a few of us have been beat up a few times by a little kids on a minimotos). If there is enough interest we will make a class for them.
baddad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #22
Wpjp
Senior

Bike: stomp 140 lifan

ill attend a few. been wanting to do whilton and stretton. cant wait the camera is an extremely good idea imo
Wpjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 01:24 PM   #23
baddad
Super King

Like the current winter series it will be run by riders for riders as a non profit making exercise.

The tracks will receive the vast majority of the funds. The remaining funds will be used to pay for the timing system. If the numbers attending are big enough we will be able to afford to pay for a dedicated scrutineer to carry inspections out after every race which will make everything as fair as possible for everyone.

The Championship sponsers are planning to offer small prizes for the championship winners, nothing huge maybe a set of tyres - sprockets - clothing that sort of thing.

The main thing we don't want to lose track of is the FUN eliment that's the whole idea - Cheap affordable racing and having a laugh with your mates in the paddock. Laughing about how good was that awesome overtaking move and how so an so fell off right infront of you.

The response we have had in the last 24 hours has been massive - should have everything in place calendar and regs wise next week.

Facebook page and dedicated website will soon follow for online rider registration etc.
Old 20-01-2013, 01:36 PM   #24
pugz
On Stabilizers

Bike: Stomp z140

This sounds great and probably very much what riders seeking a bit of fun are after, hopefully the dates will check out ok and i can attend a good few.
pugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 03:06 PM   #25
Dangle_kt
PBC Legend

Looking forward to finding out about the tracks, I'll try and attend as many of localish ones as I can.

I'll be on a cheapo 125, or my RM80, but either way I'll give the back markers someone to practice overtakes on!

Thanks for taking the time to sort this to the monster-pro team!
Dangle_kt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 05:43 PM   #26
Nobody
Novice

Bike: KZR 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddad View Post
At the moment we are considering a MiniPit class for juniors. We haven't actually put an age limit on the pitbike classes. Think the youngest rider at the moment is 14 /15 and the oldest is either Me or Gaz depending on which one is being more truthful about his age at the time ie either 30 or 50

It mainly depends on the interest in a class - if the winter series is anything to go by there will be big pitbike grids and obviously we don't want young kids getting barged around by adults (although quite a few of us have been beat up a few times by a little kids on a minimotos). If there is enough interest we will make a class for them.
My daughter is 12 and wanting to do it with the minibike champs also.She has been out with the big boys (bsb) at sheffield and weatherby already so isnt to phased by the loonys.i guess i could just get her a mini moto if no other intrest.
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 06:02 PM   #27
baddad
Super King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
My daughter is 12 and wanting to do it with the minibike champs also.She has been out with the big boys (bsb) at sheffield and weatherby already so isnt to phased by the loonys.i guess i could just get her a mini moto if no other intrest.
Bring her down on a track day mate and we can take it from there. We might b popping upto Parkwood soon to give it a go so can have a look at her there.

Very keen to get youngsters involved so if we can safely do it we will or as I said before if not i we can get the numbers up we can make a class for them :-)
Old 20-01-2013, 07:56 PM   #28
Jiggerj60
Novice

Bike: Demon xlr160

Sounds brilliant. I'm currently converting my demon xlr 160. Ill probably be at the back but I'll be trying my best and ill defo have a huge smile across my face!!
Jiggerj60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 09:11 PM   #29
556tom
Super King

Bike: shady 140

Any rounds north of leicester?
Could a 140 with high comp piston run with stock 160s or will it have to go in mods? Would imagine it to be equal with a 160 for power
556tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 09:17 PM   #30
gollum
Super King

Bike: thump

Quote:
Originally Posted by 556tom View Post
Any rounds north of leicester?
Could a 140 with high comp piston run with stock 160s or will it have to go in mods? Would imagine it to be equal with a 160 for power
140 with high comp will have to go into the open class bud its modified

Stretton is closest to Leicester so far
gollum is offline   Reply With Quote