Go Back   Pit Bike Club > PBC Info Base > PBC Reviews

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2008, 12:17 PM   #1
scholesy

Bike: Demon X YX 140
Post Demon x 140 yx gen2 from Cokermoto

I ordered a 140 demon x gen2 with a yx140 engine from cokermoto.com about 2 weeks ago now, Derry Coker told me it would arrive either today or tomorrow as my bike was at the time on the way from china. I chose the demon x 140 because I have heard good things about the yx engine and it fitted in nicely to my sub 500 pound budget.

Derry was very helpful in answering my questions before I bought the bike and has generally been quite helpful but has been very very slow to respond to emails and phone calls.

When I phoned this morning to ask for my shipment tracking number he was very short with me and has yet to email it to me, and it has now been a good 2 hours.

At the moment I am still waiting for delivery of the bike or a tracking number from Derry, I have had to have time off work to take delivery of the bike today because I wasn't sure if it would be here today or tomorrow as Derry had not sent me the tracking number I asked for on Saturday.

So far then the service from Cokermoto has been pretty poor considering they have had my money for several weeks, but the bike they are selling me seems pretty good value for money specifications wise. As it is my first pit bike I don't need anything too expensive!

-Update-

Well the bike got here at quarter past 1, about 10 minutes after I got the tracking code of Derry Coker, so he did come through in the end!

Buildup only took 10 minutes with the help of a mate, apart from what look like a few little screw ups at the factory (the stickers are put on badly) the bike looks good quality enough and came well packed. The instructions were rubbish to say the least, and don't tell you how to build it, but it was so easy even a novice like me could put the bars, pegs, front wheel and rear brake lever on!

The bike is good looking enough, with those 14/12 SDG wheels making it look pretty mean and the Demon decal set going very nicely with the bike as it isn't too "look at me". General impression is that the actual build materials are decent quality and I think the bike will take a lot of punishment.

It started after about 5 kicks and I have to say the note of the engine is sweet, nice lumpy sounding engine ticks all the right boxes in terms of the noise it makes! Idles very well and is very responsive. I haven't had a chance to ride it with the weather being so rubbish so more to come about how it rides.

Overall, the customer service from Cokermoto is pretty decent, even though I didn't get the free set of Monster Energy decals that Derry said I would (I will get onto him about that and tell you how It goes). When dealing with a big supplier like Cokermoto I guess you have to consider how busy they are so there may be delays in getting back to customers via email and phone but it gets done eventually! For the quality of the final product, I can put up with the company, it really is good value for money! I would tell anyone to use Cokermoto as long as they have a bit of patience as you will probably get by far the best value pit bike on the market.

More to come on how it rides tomorrow! I will also post some pictures of it in action and try and grab a vid of it running too if possible. Any questions please ask!