Old 11-12-2010, 09:35 PM   #1
englishjenny
Compulsive Poster

Bike: lxr 125
Demon x d-link proline 140cc review

DEMON X
D-LINK PROLINE 140CC
REVIEW

Well took my new ride out today, and I was very impressed and thoroughly enjoyed it!
Attention to detail on these bikes is very impressive,
These bikes are basically a LXR but £££’s cheaper!
The fully adjustable suspension front and rear once set up to suit rider weight just soak up all the bumps,lumps,woops sections etc, making for a smooth ride. Compared to previous pit bikes I have owned, I have found the smoother suspension has cut down the arm pump I used to get quite badly right down, and as some of you may know getting arm pump can be highly frustrating and painful.
The bike uses roller bearing linkage and is quite impressive when looking at the quality of the CNC components used with in the system. I chose to take the linkage apart and re-grease thoroughly before using, I also did the same with the head stock bearings, as like many factories they don’t like to spare the grease lol.
The Kenda Carlsbad tyres come as standard on the proline, which is a bonus. These are my favorite tyres, they are a good hard packed medium tyre with long life. A rear rim lock is also fitted as standard so no more ripped innertube valves.
The seat is a nice high rise design with unique gripper design to prevent you sliding around to ensure a comfortable ride.

There is space under seat to fit a Pitsterpro LXR air box straight on, i have done this to prevent clogged airfilters and a bogging carb over the muddier winter months, however the air box needs breather holes drilling in as a standard box restricts the air flow and as a result engine performance. This is a great upgrade and I recommend this to the all weather off road riders.

The engine is a new generation YX140 engine with needle roller bearings and larger kickstart shaft making the engines stronger than the previous models, as the older engines had smaller shafts and standard roller bearings making the engines weaker an a few where found to shear kickstart cogs and break kickstart shafts or split/crack engine cases.
The big bore exhaust makes this bike sound amazing and look amazing, it will defiantly turn heads at the track.
Plastics are made from a heavy duty highly flexible polypropylene, making them hard wearing and are not likely to crack easily on impact
Now for a few minor negatives,
·The kickstart is huge and fold out tip doesn’t fit flush to the frame so I kept catching my mx boot on it.
·Throttle housing is plastic and I somehow managed to squash mine slightly and it made the throttle quite twitchy and not as responsive,
·The engine comes with a Molkt carb, mine ran with the stock jetting, but is running to lean. However the bike comes with a bag of spare jets in different sizes which is handy as Molkt jets are a nightmare to get hold of. I personally will be upgrading to a Mikuni vm26 carb in the near future as I find Molkts are less consistent.
·To make package complete It would be better for shocks to be fitted to bike in create, as some new buyers may not be competent on building up a bike like this.
Over all the bike was packaged very well, looks great, handles great and is well worth the money as it is basically race ready and a great entry level bike and is £££’s cheaper than an almost identical spec bike on the market at present.
Some may argue that linkage bikes are defeating the purpose of pit biking as it is basically a small mx bike, but with the current pit bike market evolving fast if you want to keep up with the opposition trackside, then this is the bike for you.
You no what they say “if you can’t beat them, join them!!”
THIS WAS JENNY REPORTING ON THE D-LINK PROLINE MX SPEC, OVER AND OUT!!

englishjenny is offline   Reply With Quote