Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Discussion & Reviews > The Workshop

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

• Caesars Benefit Code FANNATIONFULL Gets $1, 250 fo...
    2 clubs off to frustrating beginnings to the 2023 Big league Baseball season, the Chicago Cubs and San Diego Padres, ...
  • 88cc build
    In the process of building an 88cc from a 50cc engine,( im bored !) Can they run on a flat top piston ? and can you use...
  • epicmoto help
    does anyone know where i can get replacement parts for an electric pitbike ? please email me...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-05-2011, 09:27 AM   #1
djinuk

buying and fitting an oil cooler

ok , i hvae a superstomp 140,

i purchased a oil cooler and fitting place from wpb, ive fitted it to the side of the block using black engine sealant, aswell as oil lines with the copper washers etc.. i only left the bike a few minuites and when i started it , it sprung a leak, last night i wiped all the sealant off and did it again, this time leaving the sealant to cure, tonight i will try it , but really my question is , should it be ok to use a sealant on these engines or should i really be trying to find a cardboard gasket.

I work primarilly on high powered turbo cars and sealant is the standard approach for these kind of things, however im new to bikes.
djinuk is offline   Reply With Quote