Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Discussion & Reviews > The Workshop

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2019, 06:46 PM   #1
Fferbz
Novice

Bike: Stomp WPB 110cc
HELP! Bike running extremely high idle yhen dying

Ok so i bought WPB 110cc the other day from a dodgy area round by me.. stupid i know but anyway, when i got it back home it turned out it had no power, as soon as you opened the throttle it just lost all power and bogged out and you would get through all the gears in about 20 seconds.... so...
I took the carb apart thinking it would be dirty/clogged.. but it was spotless
So i checked the spark plug and it was black so i guessed it was running rich, then i checked the air adjustment screw and it was screwed all the way in so I guess the engine wasn't getting enough air so I unscrewed it two and a half turns and tried to start the bike again it ran but with a really high idle but it had its power back so I tried adjusting the idle adjustment screw but it didn't seem to do anything the idle was just bouncing around going really high then slowing down then going back really high again and when I was pulling the idle adjustment screw out the revs were speeding up and then it was dying...
So now I'm stuck with the bike sometimes starting and when it does the idle is really high and then it dies unless I keep the throttle on

Playing with the air adjustment/idle screw doesnt seem to help all it seems to do is speed the revs up ALOT and then cause the bike to die...

I have a video of the bike doing this if i can figure out how to post it i will or if anyone wants me to send it to them i will...
Pleaseeee help any input is apprieciated!!
Fferbz is offline   Reply With Quote