Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Discussion & Reviews > Pit Bike Discussion

Old 28-09-2016, 10:07 PM   #1
mickeyshannon
Novice

help please right bike for my boy

Hi guys I'm buying my son his first bike for Christmas stupidly I almost got him a yz80 but it would scare the life out of him so after doing a little research decided on a 110 pit.looked around and seen some cheap crap and some decent looking/spec bikes.the one I think I'm gonna to go with is the stomp juicebox3 110 my boy is only 9 so need a smaller frame only problem is I can't find any decent reviews as this is his first bike I don't want to ruin his biking career before it starts I know I can buy a better bike second hand but I want brand new and something safe and easy to use for now we'll go to ktm etc when he knows what he's doing but until then I think the stomp is the way to go so any info advice would be greatly appreciated thanks guys
mickeyshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2016, 11:35 AM   #2
Dangle_kt
PBC Legend

Re: help please right bike for my boy

what will he be using it for? field riding? track riding? racing?

bambino bikes are great for kids, semi auto 90cc-110cc, nice and quiet (as this can often scare little kids more than riding).

Pit bikes take maintenance, and lots of hard work to keep on top of them - but if you do they can be very reliable. The lower cc engines in these bikes dont make huge power, so do tend to be quite reliable.

strip the bike when you get it, locktite all the relevant nuts and bolts, change the chain for something japanese or british.

They are great little bikes, and bambino racing in supermoto is really growing

Dangle_kt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2016, 03:09 PM   #3
mickeyshannon
Novice

Thanks for the reply I apriciate it.as for types of riding I'm not sure I'm going to be just taking him on grass tracks and flat surfaces for now see how he gets on then see where he wants to be after that upgrade him to an appropriate machine. Maintenance for me isn't an issue as I used to be a mechanic and I've been around bikes most of my life but when I was I kid you just got what ever you could lol ill have a look at those you posted thanks again
mickeyshannon is offline   Reply With Quote