Pit Bike Club

Pit Bike Club (https://www.pitbikeclub.co.uk/index.php)
-   The Workshop (https://www.pitbikeclub.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Front brake pads problem (https://www.pitbikeclub.co.uk/showthread.php?t=93293)

dukey28 19-06-2013 06:49 AM

Front brake pads problem

Hi I have just bought a stomp hustler pit bike and to get it into my car iI had to take the front wheel off. When I got home I put the front wheel back on but noticed that one of the brake pads he fell out of the caliper. I found the pad in the boot of my car, it was the smallest pad that had fell out. So I removed the wheel and the caliper but there is no where for the pad to fit the gap is tiny I can see that the pad somehow butted up to the silver cylinder looking thing on the caliper but that is all the way out and touching the other pad. While the wheel was removed and the pad was missing my partner pressed the front brake leaver a few times, could this have caused it. As I'm new to this I have no clue what to do. I've seen a tutorial on this forum but the caliper and pads are different. What do I do?*Much appreciated

fozzy9780 19-06-2013 10:56 AM

Re: Front brake pads problem

for my front brake i accidently locked the caliper with no disc in it and had to reset it and my smallest pad i thought at first were does it kind of fit in to but i watched a vieo on youtube and it says that it just needs to slip in and then get your wheel on thats for my brake but i think it also depends weither it 1 or 2 cylinder brake hope it helps

Roundy 19-06-2013 11:08 AM

Just push the piston back in, if you can't do it with your hands use a g clamp or big set of pliers or something, make sure to put something over the piston when you do this, like a piece of wood or old brake pad, so you make sure it goes in straight. :thumbs:

Petrol-head177 19-06-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roundy (Post 891622)
Just push the piston back in, if you can't do it with your hands use a g clamp or big set of pliers or something, make sure to put something over the piston when you do this, like a piece of wood or old brake pad, so you make sure it goes in straight. :thumbs:

what roundy said, sounds like piston just needs pushing back in

Dangle_kt 19-06-2013 12:04 PM

If you really struggle to get it back in. Take the cap off the master clyinder res.just watch for splashes!

dukey28 19-06-2013 01:52 PM

Thanks for you replies, ill have a go tonight, i kind of thought thats what i had to do but i wasnt too sure, didnt want to just go and do it just incase it was wrong and it broke, how you secure the pad in?

cheers

Dangle_kt 19-06-2013 01:55 PM

It depends on the caliper.

On the xsport that uses springs you sacrifice a puppy, curse Chinese design and and hope for the best.

Others use pins, and are miles better.

dukey28 19-06-2013 02:16 PM

dont suppose you know what a stomp fxj-2 uses do you? Thanks for your help.

Roundy 19-06-2013 02:57 PM

Pins I think

dukey28 19-06-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roundy (Post 891656)
Pins I think

Thank god!, although the smaller brake pad has no hole in it for anything to go through... how does that work..:confused:

Sorry for all the questions, im very new to all this :damnit: