View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 08:31 PM   #32
dervdub
Wheelie King

Bike: Slow Old Heap
Re: Anyone else own a lifan wacky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by matttess View Post
Nice spec, what sprocket setup are you running and what top end do you get?

I'm running a 110cc semi loncin lump, just stock carb. Don't really feel the need for more power.

Sprockets 17-37. Hits a max of 50mph on straights, Don't want to gear it more than that because I rag it about offroad. And lets face it, with these bikes that requires skill.

Drums I find are perfect for my build. As you say, discs are probably better for your bike. Depending on the top end?? (any slower than 55, id say drum, any above disc maybe the better option)

Not sure how the stock jincheng lump manages 40, my stock 50 lump only managed to pull away in first with me on it. Hence the 110.

Although to be fair, can't see why you'd want to go more than 55mph in the first place. Too many speed cameras.
I just checked and it's running 15F 28R, no wonder it revs out lol... I've put a 16F on that I had laying around, going to get a 17F next time I make an order with OOracing.

I've had to calculate my top end as the speedo only goes up to 45mph, but according to my calculations it come out at 83mph, allowing for the slow speedo reading, (basically add 11% due to the larger wheels) that was with the old Molkt 26 and 15/28 gearing.

I need to jet the Keihin CV carb as it's running really lean and I daren't give it any beans, the plug is white - super lean lol.

Once I get the gearing and jetting sorted I'll be doing a GPS speed run just to see what's what
dervdub is offline   Reply With Quote