Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Discussion & Reviews > Other Bikes > Moto-X

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

• malaguti grizzly
    hi guys first post on the forum ive just restored a malaguti grizzly mx for my grandson.the purple framed model with...
  • Nepal Treks & Tours Pvt. Ltd
    Welcome Nepal Travel Tour Company always welcome to any Travel Agency, Tour agencies,...
  • super bike
    I am going to buy new super bike can you please help...

Old 14-03-2010, 10:42 AM   #1
whizzywozza
On Stabilizers

Bike: YZ80 2000
Unhappy Yz80 2000 Clutch&Crank Disaster

ok this is about my clutch&crank problem. It all started when it came round to changing the gearbox oil, which was a fine until i kicked the bike over 3rd time and it just started smoking like a b*****d, i instantly thought my 2stroke mix was wrong so i mixed up some more and put some fresh fuel in. still same problem, then i adjusted the air/mixture screw but that didnt help cus the bike took 20 kicks to start again but i realised there was oil spraying from the front of the exhaust so i took the exhaust off and cleaned it all out, replaced the gaskets and the end can was oily to f**k but it wasnt the smell of 2stroke, it was more of a gearbox smell so i instantly knew the crank seals had gone. getting on the l/h seal was easy and there wasnt much wrong with the old one, but when it came to the r/h seal it was perished and wrapped around the crank. i needed to take the clutch off in order to get to this so i got a clutch holding tool and was trying to crack the nut on the flywheel inside the cutch then i slipped and smashed one of the inner bolt holders ive only had the bike 3 weeks and ridden it once and it all comes down to this now, i can pick up a 2nd hand clutch for £40. i could tell the bike hadnt been looked after cus he hadnt even washed it prior to my collection, also the front and rear mudgaurds were bent from where he flipped it and there was only 350ml gearbox oil left in the bike and its supposed to have 500ml, ah well just thought id share my disaster with you all

sorry the pic is blurry my camera is crap as you can see its the bolt holder on the far left thats snapped right down to the bottom, and this cant be welded back on due to the clutch needing to be balanced out right

thanks for reading

Could some one please give me an idea on how to possibly fix this bolt holder thing back on? Much Appreciated
whizzywozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2010, 10:45 AM   #2
_-Ch0sen 0ne-_
Wheelie King

Bike: 08 YZ250F Braap
Re: Yz80 2000 Clutch&Crank Disaster

God im gonna have to start stripping down my bottom end, Kickstart is jammed up and i have the cylinder off so its definatly the crank
_-Ch0sen 0ne-_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2010, 11:02 AM   #3
sonny

Bike: thumpstar 120

my brother did the same, wen he was taken his clutch off on his ktm 125 sx , he snapped one of the bolt holder things off, but he's built it all back up without getting a new clutch and it runs fine, just as good as it did before. the clutch still works perfect cos u still have 4 other bolts there holding it in place. just thought i'd say

sonny
sonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2010, 11:19 AM   #4
whizzywozza
On Stabilizers

Thumbs up Re: Yz80 2000 Clutch&Crank Disaster

yeah im glad im finding out all these things now, so come summer i should have a perfectly running bike cheers for the tip 'sonny' may i ask how he did this? as i am thinking of using chemical metal to bodge it back on and stick a pin straight through the split to hold it, but if ur bro's done it a different way i might try that. cheers
Old 14-03-2010, 11:22 AM   #5
whizzywozza
On Stabilizers

Arrow Re: Yz80 2000 Clutch&Crank Disaster

Just replaced the crank seal this very moment and all went well but found a problem, the crank needs a new nut and re threadin on the end as it has worn quite bad so im gonna dig out the tap&die kit and sort this out very soon
Old 14-03-2010, 07:47 PM   #6
rssmotorx

Bike: pro evo 160cc

mate if you like the bike and wanna keep riding it just get another clutch basket, dont try and l/metal it back on cause if it comes of why you are ridin then it smash your clutch to bits.
rssmotorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2010, 05:45 PM   #7
sonny

Bike: thumpstar 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by whizzywozza View Post
yeah im glad im finding out all these things now, so come summer i should have a perfectly running bike cheers for the tip 'sonny' may i ask how he did this? as i am thinking of using chemical metal to bodge it back on and stick a pin straight through the split to hold it, but if ur bro's done it a different way i might try that. cheers
he just put it back together without putting the snapped off bit back in, so it only had four of the holders on the clutch basket. but it still works perfectly, cos you still have the four remaining holders in place.

hope this helps
sonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2010, 07:25 PM   #8
evopitbike

Bike: 140 Lifan

Crank case seal gone on my yz85 03 bud .Leaking all collant into bottom end , causing the oil to go watery (lucky it never ran **** at all)

Untill strip down .
evopitbike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clutch crank yz oil