Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Discussion & Reviews > Other Bikes > Moto-X

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

• malaguti grizzly
    hi guys first post on the forum ive just restored a malaguti grizzly mx for my grandson.the purple framed model with...
  • Nepal Treks & Tours Pvt. Ltd
    Welcome Nepal Travel Tour Company always welcome to any Travel Agency, Tour agencies,...
  • super bike
    I am going to buy new super bike can you please help...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-02-2011, 11:31 PM   #1
DieHardDonkey

Bike: lifan 150
04' YZ 125 problem

hi all ok so here the lowdown, i was riding my yz125 last weekend and all was going well when it suddenly starting smoking like a red arrow and lost all power. so i thort right the rings have probly gone, so i got it back and stripped the head off it to find the piston had 2 identical cracks in it (carb side) running diagonally up from the bottom right of the piston and same other side. the barrel looked good so i got a new piston, rings, plug and gasket for it and fitted it. while i had the exhaust off i tipped it upside down and litteraly a cup full of oil poured out of it (engine oil). i cleaned the exhaust and powervalve out before i put it back on and started her up. still i have thick smoke coming out of it and it still doesnt want do go when the powervalve opend, just splutters abit n more thick smoke. i have don a fresh mix for it n cleaned the carb out and honestly its still very smokey but abit better. i am running out of ideas with this so if anyone has had the same problen of has any ideas it would be much appreciated.
thanks lads. chris
DieHardDonkey is offline   Reply With Quote