Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Discussion & Reviews > Meetings/Tracks

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Old 21-06-2013, 12:03 PM   #1
Dangle_kt
PBC Legend

August SM Enduro Event - NAMES & discussion

Who's going?

I put my deposit down last night for our team - it's gonna be hardcore.

Few questions:

how are you guys going to work fueling - I have no idea how long my little pit can run for flat out on a tank... its only a piddly crf tank too, not a monster KLX style one.

It's not even like you can prefill a container and fill it knowing you will brim it, cos I don't have a clue how much fuel it will need to brim it depending on how much fuel is left in the bike. Maybe measure how much from reserve to full, and then come in the lap after it conks out on "normal", use res to get back to the pits and then fill. Maybe I'm over thinking it

How do you think tyres will hold up to 6 hours full on riding?

If the bike engine pops - do you reckon they will let us carry on transponderless on a different bike - so no points, but just for fun. After all £160 is a lot for a breakdown to mean no more track time.

I'm gonna start trying to get a bit fitter - even in 20 mins sessions with 4 riders (we might get a 5th and 6th, but probably just be 4) its gonna be pretty knackering, what with fuel stops, keeping an eye on everything, riding full on for 20 mins - for 6 hours

So get your team names down so we know who to knock off in turn one...opps I mean look out for

I'll consolidate all the names into the 2nd post to this topic
Dangle_kt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2013, 12:04 PM   #2
Dangle_kt
PBC Legend

Re: August SM Enduro Event - NAMES & discussion

Team 1

Dangle
Wilo
+2

Team 2
Team 3
etc
Old 21-06-2013, 12:11 PM   #3
Bazzer Sheenes
Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangle_kt View Post
Team 1

Dangle
Wilo
+2

Team 2
Team 3
etc
I've entered, haven't fully confirmed a team yet though, however you are more than welcome to try knocking us off at the first corner - if you're fast enough

I've done the last two Spanish endurances and before the first one had all the thoughts you have outlined above but on the day it all goes to shit. Just fuel as you normally do from a fuel can with a spout, the most you could save with any clever plan would be 1 or 2 seconds, its not worth it.
Bazzer Sheenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2013, 12:25 PM   #4
Dangle_kt
PBC Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazzer Sheenes View Post
I've entered, haven't fully confirmed a team yet though, however you are more than welcome to try knocking us off at the first corner - if you're fast enough

I've done the last two Spanish endurances and before the first one had all the thoughts you have outlined above but on the day it all goes to shit. Just fuel as you normally do from a fuel can with a spout, the most you could save with any clever plan would be 1 or 2 seconds, its not worth it.
Yeah - it's more I don't want one of us to run dry the far side of the track...

Did a set of tyres last you all day?
Old 21-06-2013, 01:13 PM   #5
Bazzer Sheenes
Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangle_kt View Post
Yeah - it's more I don't want one of us to run dry the far side of the track...

Did a set of tyres last you all day?
Their races were 3 hours, having said that I used the same PMT hard rear for both races and quite a bit of practice so that lasted ok but remember it was very hot in Spain and you will need wets at Whilton at the height of a British Summer.
Bazzer Sheenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2013, 10:33 AM   #6
jaydexstar
Wheelie King

Bike: 140sm&177sm crf

me and james are doing this and his mate aaron, stock 140 bike, we been think a set of tyres will last the 6 hours long as its not mega boiling hot or something,

a full tank should do 30 mins riding id guess
jaydexstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2013, 01:37 PM   #7
Dangle_kt
PBC Legend

Glad you guys will be there - gonna be a laugh

Only 3 teams off the whole forum?

Whats going on?????
Old 22-06-2013, 02:18 PM   #8
jaydexstar
Wheelie King

Bike: 140sm&177sm crf

yeah should be a good laugh, hope its goo dweather
jaydexstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2013, 11:55 PM   #9
baddad
Super King

Bike: Monster Pro M2

So far there are 10 teams entered inc A Monster Pro team.

Regarding fuel as bazz says you can over think it - in spain Ben and I rode till we hit reserve then came in but most ran 30min sessions.

Im sure if your lump goes bang noone woukd mind you carrying on with a different bike but as you say you wouldnt be classified as finishing.

The main thing is that you enjoy yourselves and we raise a lot of money for charity after all thars what we are doing it for

Tyres wise we will have some of the new Maxxi R1s available which are grippy and durable kind of half way between a sava and pmts and around the £110 bracket per set
baddad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2013, 12:04 AM   #10
Dangle_kt
PBC Legend

It's gonna be really good.
We will come dead last, and I don't care - it's just a bit of fun for us. Half our team have never ridden a pit before.