Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Discussion & Reviews > Pit Bike Discussion

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Old 12-10-2014, 11:38 AM   #1
ads24000
Novice

Question Is this a good bike to get?

Ive been told that I should get a second hand motorbike if i want to be hitting up mx tracks which have stronger parts,,, thinking about getting a 2007 KTM sx85 secound hand. The seller sais its in full working order and is a very reliable bike. i need to know if this bike will be much bigger than a crf70 pitbike for transport reasons...

cheers
ads24000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 12:04 PM   #2
Dangle_kt
PBC Legend

Re: Is this a good bike to get?

it is bigger, depending on the wheel size it can be quite a bit bigger than a pit.

Still alot smaller than a full size MX bike though
Dangle_kt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 12:20 PM   #3
mad-camz
On Stabilizers

Bike: Custom z140
Re: Is this a good bike to get?

it is a good bike but the crf70 is abit bigger. it depends on what size engine your going to have in a crf70 ive had 125cc not fast enough for me but good fun around smaller tracks i took out the 125 and put in a yx160. hell of a difference much faster off throttle and top end. the 85 is 2 stroke goes through gears faster about the same top end wise built better standard its up too you what you get your mind is probably made up if you want torque go four stroke if you want a screaming bander get two stroke. if you know how and can afford it get both and build one good machine. carefull which pitbike you get alot of chinese materials are not built to last VERY LONG. that is why so many upgrades are arround.
mad-camz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crf70, ktm, pitbike, sx85