Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Discussion & Reviews > Other Bikes > Road Legal

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Old 22-04-2014, 06:43 PM   #1
Ollie Shineray 50
PBC Veteran

Bike: Road legal pit
Not another road legal build?

22/04/14

Hi guys, not properly been on here for over a year now! Anyway the sun is starting to shine so I've got some inspiration to have a pitbike again!

So went into the shed and gathered what parts I could find and started assembling! This build is gonna be on a budget and only buying what I need, will make use with what I've already got in the shed, not wanting the highest spec pitbike ever just wanting a fun summer weekend toy, anyway il post a pic to start it off, and upload as I go along

All these bits are from my last build, however this bike will be much different...

Going to order forks, handle bars, exhaust system, speedo, carb and air filter at the end of the month when I get paid

23/04/14

Bit of progress on this, got a numberplate bracket made up, ignition switch all wired in, and few other bits done

Gonna make a wooden bike stand as realy need one!

Here's where I've mounted the ignition, nice and hidden away but still easy to reach

And here's the pile of parts I currently have that are going on this build, got a few final bits to order at the end of the month

28/04/14

Bit of an update, I've made a wiring loom after work tonight and fitted my stealthy rear light! Also my mate picked up my side stand to weld a peice onto it to prevent it hitting the swingarm, here's a pic of the nicely hidden rear light

Regarding lights I'm gonna run a simple setup, no indicators and no switchgear. The front and rear lights will be on when the engine is running, and of course I've wired up the front and rear brake switches for brake light too, i wanted a nice simple wiring setup on this, mainly because it looks allot better and also the fact the bikes just gonna be a weekend and dry weather toy, however I will ride it to work occasionally but the reason for having lights on it at all is because I wanna be able to ride at night, if I didn't then I'd have no lights, I've set it up so the front and rear light can be removed when ever I want and I can then put on the stealthy number board for asbo mode

Also think I may buy a 7x5 plate if I can find a cheap one as I'm on a budget, the current plate it a 8x6

29/04/14

Decided against the 7x5 plate now, gonna keep the 8x6, I need to remember this is a budget build and only buying what's necessary! Argh haha

Done a few small bits today including fitting new braided oil lines (had them in the shed) reason for fitting these is cause it gets rid of the ugly bulky oil filter and the hoses just look tidier and less of a mess

01/05/14

Got a few bits in the post today from pitbikespares and ooracing! Here's some pics to show where I'm now at, exhaust and fork legs will be here tomorow hopefully

Don't like this pic, (but it's a pic)

Also today made up a little bracket for my headlight to mount without the ugly rubber straps that don't look very permenent, depending on how this bracket sits I might even mod it further so the headlight sits as close as possible to the fork legs, as I like that look!

Also thinking that the ttr mudguard looks too big and sticks out quite far, might try a crf50 one or maybe cut down my spare ttr one, but will wait till she's rolling so I can see how short I want it

Also need to order fork guards, do people think white will look good or stick to the common black ones?

Got loadsss of stickers with these two orders! I'm not a fan of stickers on the bike but got some pretty cool stickers to do something with haha

Also opinions on swinger, when I've got some spare cash gonna buy some spray paint to do it, satin black or gloss silver? Current colours a horrible light grey (my fault) haha

02/05/14

Got my last delivery today! Only need a couple more bits for it to be complete but can't afford them just yet, my deadline for having it road worthy is the end of this month

One of today's deliverys was my exhaust, it came with a disgusting heat shield so I snapped off the welded nuts that hold it on and cleaned up the area which has made it look allot better

I also dremmeled out the engine end of the pipe, the weld was making the hole loads smaller (cheap exhaust) so got that sorted

Before

After

Here's a pic of the full exhaust fitted, coming along nicely

And then I put the fork legs on and got some other little bits done, she's learned how to stand by herself! without a toolbox to help her haha, I've gotta say I'm realy realy happy with how it sits, exactly what I was hoping for!

I then cut down the front mudguard as it was sticking out just too far for my liking! I have shaped it a bit more now since the pic

So there we go, that's where she's at now

Need to spray the rear brake calliper black to match the front one I'm gonna buy

Also wanna change colour of swingarm as it looks crap, either satin black, gloss silver (alloy colour) or maybe gloss dark grey, probably gloss silver

Headlight is gonna tie in well and not look out of place hopefully, I need to mod my bracket a bit so the headlight sits close as poss to the fork

Comments welcome/appreciated

06/05/14

Had the day off work today but been ill most of the day, but managed to pull myself together this evening, we were chucking out our shoe rack, so I thought I'd recycle it and make a bike stand as I realy could do with one, it's surprising sturdy for being wood

Need to order these bits to finish the project:

Front brake calliper
Speedo
Carb/rubber boot
Air filter
Spray paint
Engine oil
Fuel
Fork guards

08/05/14

Soo, this happened this evening, took ages and still needs bringing to a shine, bloody nightmare haha, what ya think?

Also ordered some white fork guards and speedo today as sold my hand guards to dangle

And ordered these aswell from the guys at red-circles

Thinking of going this colour on the wheels to match the plastics aswell

Not seen blue plastics on a dlink before let alone a ttr? I like blue plastics on the crf50 pits so hopefully this looks good, we shall see

11/05/14

My new plastics turned up yesterday, excellent service from red circles and they chucked in a blue crf50 guard for me awesome!

What do we think, do you prefere the blue over the white?

So white or blue? I'm not sure

Don't have a clue what colour to do swingarm, maybe black
Ollie Shineray 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2014, 07:49 PM   #2
wolf_gsxr
On Stabilizers

Re: Not another road legal build?

Looking good. What frame is that? Is it already legal?
wolf_gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2014, 08:09 PM   #3
Ashmam06
Super King

Can't wait too see this build
Ashmam06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2014, 08:59 PM   #4
Josh_ox3
Track Master

Bike: Stomp Z125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Shineray 50 View Post
Hi guys, not properly been on here for over a year now! Anyway the sun is starting to shine so I've got some inspiration to have a pitbike again!

So went into the shed and gathered what parts I could find and started assembling! This build is gonna be on a budget and only buying what I need, will make use with what I've already got in the shed, not wanting the highest spec pitbike ever just wanting a fun summer weekend toy, anyway il post a pic to start it off, and upload as I go along

All these bits are from my last build, however this bike will be much different...

Going to order forks, handle bars, exhaust system, speedo, carb and air filter at the end of the month when I get paid

Wish I could find parts like that in my shed
Josh_ox3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2014, 09:01 PM   #5
skippy #247
PBC Legend

Bike: stomp klx155ho

do you still live in the shed
skippy #247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2014, 09:11 PM   #6
Ollie Shineray 50
PBC Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_gsxr View Post
Looking good. What frame is that? Is it already legal?
Thanks, it's a demon x d-link frame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashmam06 View Post
Cheers mate, I'm excited too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_ox3 View Post
Wish I could find parts like that in my shed
Hahaha, it's just left overs from my last bike that I never got round to selling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy #247 View Post
do you still live in the shed
Aye I've got 2 sheds, but yes
Old 22-04-2014, 09:16 PM   #7
Ollie Shineray 50
PBC Veteran

Quote:
What ever happened to your crf70 red road legal? Drop me some pics via pm if you've got any, bit of inspiration
Old 22-04-2014, 09:44 PM   #8
Ashmam06
Super King

Quote:
What ever happened to your crf70 red road legal? Drop me some pics via pm if you've got any, bit of inspiration
Ahaha

It's with jord ATM it was almost comple but I've now had anothe change of plan so all my budget bits are going onto another frame
Old 23-04-2014, 12:46 PM   #9
Ollie Shineray 50
PBC Veteran

Quote:
Ahaha

It's with jord ATM it was almost comple but I've now had anothe change of plan so all my budget bits are going onto another frame
Sweet! drop me a pm with some pics or link me to a thread with some if you can mate? cheers
Old 23-04-2014, 10:05 PM   #10
Ashmam06
Super King

Quote:
Sweet! drop me a pm with some pics or link me to a thread with some if you can mate? cheers
I will once I've got some mate

Need to go up and see jord anyway