Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Discussion & Reviews > Pit Bike Discussion

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Old 17-02-2006, 06:47 PM   #1
kern

Bike: rampage 110, 125 extreme, 125 Field pro
Post Kerns 110 Rampage Pit Bike Review

Kerns Rampage 110 Pit Bike Review

Pit Bikes

Pit bikes are a new sport which is flooding the UK, it all started off with the Honda CRF50 now hundreds of copies have hit the market, all in the space of a year the sport / hobby has become very seirous with events all around the UK and other countries.

I always had intrests in motorbikes, on road and off road, my intrest in the mini's began when i first seen a mini moto, after alot of reasearch I found out that pit bikes are more suited for me, being a bigger bike in genereal, and the off road appealed more to me.

I then found the POR website with the rampage range, at first i was very skepticle about the price, at over 500 pound cheaper than the compotition I was worried they wouldnt be as good, I gave it time to see if I could look more into the Rampage range, time went past, I couldnt wait any longer, I knew I wasnt going to pay over 800 pound for a pit bike, so that knocked out the thumps and xsports, I went ahead and got a rampage, I am very glad I did, I dont regret any of it, here some pics of when I first got my Rampage 110.

In the crate.

Front View, No mudguard.

Side View, still no mudguard.

The rear, with a huge shock and exhaust as standard.

Top Side View.

My Rampage 110

The rampage 110 pit bike, obivously, is a 110cc 4 stroke engine, I opted for the manual clutch as I feel it gives you more control over the bike.
Other specs include -

- 19mm Carburetor

- 4 speed manual gear box

- 3 litre fuel tank

- Electric and kick start

- Front and Rear disks

- Long travel rear shock (anodised)

Heres some close up pics of my Rampage.

The looks of the a bike is what mainly draws people towards bikes, that and the price. I personally think the rampage is a thumbs up in the looks department, I did how ever take off the heat sheild on the exhaust, which is due to personal opinion on the looks, even though I might burn my leg off, I do think it looks better.

Even though i may look a bit tall for the bike, being 6'2 and ahalf, I fit on the bike perfectly, feel comfy standing up and sitting down, the main points that make the rampages look so nice is the rather chunky Rear shock, the big exhaust end can and the well co-ordinated coloured plastics, all the controls are there and ready to be used, you can easily adjust the position of the clutch / brake levers when you first get your bike, which is what I did.

Once riding the bike feels like it can pull a car, which I was very amazed with, only ridden 2 stroke bikes, the grunt of a 4 stroke was enough to put a smile on face in first gear, even if first gear only took me about 5 meters as the gearing is so short.
Also, it will fit in the back of most standard hatchbacks, mine got in the back of a 306 with a midi moto too.

Soon as i was offroad I took it for a test run, up hills, over logs, sand, mud, nothing could stop it, but after a good hour run, the chain had alot of slack and fell off a few times which caused me to go home, I have since bought a D.I.D chain, but decided to move the rear wheel back to tighten the chain (not too tight) to get my use out of it, and so far, no problems. The handle bars did also come lose, probably due to me not sufficently tightening them, a good twist of the spanner sorted that out, they was the only main problems i ecountered on my first run, since then its been running smoothly, specially after I changed the groggy oil that came standard in the bike.

The overall power of the bike is more than enough for off roading / free style, the suspension as stock can take alot of bashing, but rebuilding the forks with decent oil wouldnt go a miss, I havent done it yet as there good as they are, it will wheelie in 1st, 2nd and my favourite, 3rd no problem, powerslides and donuts are on the list too, the 110 is more than enough for me, being over 13 stone it still pulls me huge hills and over tough terrain, but beware of the stock brakes, they can be easily glazed and your stopping power will drop dramaticly.

Rampage 110 Conclusion

Before my final conclusion, here are some Pro's & Con's on my 110 Rampage

Pro's -

- Great Price

- Alot of power for small engine

- Very nice sounding exhaust

- Miles on one tank

Con's

- Crap Oil as standard, change ASAP

- Chain prone to stretching (This hasnt happened to everyones)

Poweroffroad have done a GREAT job in giving us cheap, reliable, fun bikes, the rampage serier offers alot to all ranges off age and riders, it would be good for a first time bike and for more experienced riders, all people can enjoy these bikes, the little sniggles can be iorned out easily, and you learn alot of mechanical D.I.Y skills, with the help from us here at the rampage forum, these bikes will give you unlimitied fun.

Looks - 8/10

Power - 8/10 (due to short gearing, cant get all of power out)

Sound - 10/10 (all owners can agree!!)

Price - 10/10

handling - 8/10

Overall - 8.5/10

For the price you really cant go wrong.

Thank you for reading, Kern.
kern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2006, 06:50 PM   #2
Brucey
Ex-State House Admin

Bike: None!
Brilliant Review mate well done.
Brucey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2006, 06:57 PM   #3
kern

Thanx, for the people wondering why i gave such high points is because the fact the price of the bike is so low and its a chinese replica, and for anyone whos bought a pit bike from ebay "chinese" bikes, you will know what i mean, these bikes are truley the best chinese import for the price, you wont find better, obivously there alot more pit bikes which are better than this, but for the price you cant beat it, i would class it as the best "BUDGET" bike on the market.

Kern
Old 17-02-2006, 08:39 PM   #4
LEEROY_UK
Track Master

Bike: KWAKER KLX110
good read kern , deosnt seem a bad bike for the money
LEEROY_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2006, 09:55 AM   #5
Nessy

Bike: Monstermoto MK4.
Brilliant Review. By far the best ive seen.

I now like Rampage bikes alot more
Nessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 04:11 PM   #6
tim witherspoon

bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern
Thanx, for the people wondering why i gave such high points is because the fact the price of the bike is so low and its a chinese replica, and for anyone whos bought a pit bike from ebay "chinese" bikes, you will know what i mean, these bikes are truley the best chinese import for the price, you wont find better, obivously there alot more pit bikes which are better than this, but for the price you cant beat it, i would class it as the best "BUDGET" bike on the market.

Kern
Nothing to do with the fact they gave you a bike then ? rampage lover the bikes are as shit as your review may mate bought one and it lasted him a total of 13 mins not bad considering it took 9and a half month to come
tim witherspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:05 PM   #7
kern

firstly, what the hell you on about....second, its not my fault your mate cant maintane a bike, pull your finger out of your arse and stop wasting bandwith space "Tim"
Old 03-04-2006, 07:15 PM   #8
nuttynick

nice review kern they deffinatly sound like a good buy
nuttynick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2006, 12:23 AM   #9
Ramp_125

That was a good review kern.
I am really interested in these rampage pit bikes as me and my mate r thinkin of gettin one but there seems to be mixed feelings from every1. Are they really worth gettin as i am on a very small budget! i don't want the thing nackering after a month.

cheers matt
Ramp_125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2006, 12:29 AM   #10
Ramp_125

no need to reply peps, this seems to be a common question. I ave just been readin posts on other treads on the rampage forum and i think i hav an answer . You can tel i'm new to the site!
Ramp_125 is offline   Reply With Quote