Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Discussion & Reviews > Other Bikes > Moto-X

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

• malaguti grizzly
    hi guys first post on the forum ive just restored a malaguti grizzly mx for my grandson.the purple framed model with...
  • Nepal Treks & Tours Pvt. Ltd
    Welcome Nepal Travel Tour Company always welcome to any Travel Agency, Tour agencies,...
  • super bike
    I am going to buy new super bike can you please help...

Old 23-03-2010, 08:12 PM   #1
whizzywozza
On Stabilizers

Bike: YZ80 2000
yz80 crank seal sucess but now crank problem

fitting the crank seal and re-threading the shaft was a sucess in contrast with my previous post. but i had the l/hand casing off and when i started the bike up and gave it some revs the flywheel looks buckled its on tight enough but i was told this could be due to a bent crankshaft? how is it possible to bend a crankshaft or even snap one? another bloke told me the crank bearings may have gone causing everything to wobble i had the bike running and warmed it up for about 5mins but when i gave it maximum throttle all the way back it just cuts out, so i thought it could be the stator then i realised the flywheel wobbling. could someone try and help me out here if you understand what i am saying. thanks
whizzywozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 09:38 PM   #2
robo
On Stabilizers

Bike: yz 125
Re: yz80 crank seal sucess but now crank problem

take the fly wheel off and check that it is in line with the wood ruff key, if you have not lined it up the key will show damage to the top flat edge. you will need to fit new key if this is the case. if all this is ok hold the crank at the threads and check for up / down movement if there is slight play you will need to open cases up again and replace both main bearings. if you have hit the crank shaft with large blunt object (hammer) on your first removal or not used a fly wheel puller the crank would have suffered damage and will need replacing. hope this helps.
robo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crank shaft flywheel yz80