Go Back   Pit Bike Club > PBC Info Base > PBC Projects

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #1
turbocrow
The Stig

Bike: GSF 600 / YX140
Honda CBR 125R 2004 Road Bike Project

I am 17 so I was in need off a bike for the road (L plates) got the fastest I could get on L plates. The bike I bought was in bad condition so my project is to get the bike working get MOT and of course get it onto the road.

• Honda CBR 2004 125 £50
  • Honda CBR 2005 £75 (parts bike in very bad condition but had some good parts I needed engine is fine but it needs new clutch plates thinking of fixing the engine and selling for cash)
  • Had to take all the yokes off etc has I needed keys made so took the ignition barrel to the locksmith £10 for 2 keys.

I got the bike going with thanks to a neighbours friend he is a genius with bikes what he did:

• Choke was seized so I swapped the carbs over from the 2005 bike to the 2004 (cleaned the carb out also)
  • Had to use the Fuel tank from the 2005 bike has the 2004 was rusted completely inside with massive chunks of gunk. Has to be thrown away.
  • Bike is running perfectly now thanks to D

Now my main focus now is getting the bike looking nice and clean I am 17 and want to bring the bike to school you know what people are like with looks :P.

I am using the black plastics instead of the blue has plenty was missing. The black plastics are cracked and broken so I will fibreglass them and wrap them in black wrap (good idea from a member here)

I will update with plenty of pictures when I get the time :P. Cheers need advice also how can I get the bike looking nice and get the engine back to looking factory new (all bubbly now) same with areas of rust how would I treat it ? thanks.
turbocrow is offline   Reply With Quote