Go Back   Pit Bike Club > PBC Info Base > PBC Reviews

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Old 24-07-2015, 07:25 PM   #1
dlatch
Senior

Bike: WPB race 160
Thumbs up WPB race 160 owner review 2015

Had my WPB race 160 for a month now and have taken it out twice to my local track whaddon mx where it has been tested on a variety of terrain and riding styles

CRF110 Style frame
First impressions of the new crf110 design frame are it is excellent really impressed with the overall stability when compared to my other pitbike a lucky mxt140
A big part of this is in my opinion the new frame but also the larger wheels make it much more stable and predictable when compared to the 14"/12" setup. I also love the fact the airfilter points straight back instead of out the side it stays pretty mud free in this location and is a big improvement.
Second big benefit is the extra room on the bike, i am not tall at only 5 ft 9" but it fits me perfect and is much more comfortable when compared to the TTR and CRF70 style frame. the bike would be suitable for anyone from 14 years upwards
there are a few other great design features like the swing arm spindle is much more heavy duty and more the proper motox style also the fuel tank design and mounting is a big improvement over a crf70 same goes for the seat.

Performance
The Z155 engine is a great performer and has a noticeable improvement in torque and outright power when compared to a yx140 either engine is enough power to be exciting to ride but not intimidating but the Z155 is a touch more forgiving when it comes to the extra torque pulling the higher gears the latest generation molk carbs certainly have much better low down performance when compared to the old version, so far i have not needed to alter the stock settings at all.
Stock gearing seems about right and i won't be changing it.

suspension/wheels
Front forks are superb with great front end feel and plenty of travel even the new stock innova pattern tyres are pretty decent i would usually have replaced these immediately but these are good enough that i will wait until they wear out.
rear shock is a 330mm and will be the first component that i will likely upgrade as a stock item it is streets ahead of what used to be fitted but when compared to my upgraded dmn shock on my other bike it is slightly lacking, that being said for general trail use it is more than up to the job and it is not until i took to the motocross track that it started to get shown up a touch on the whoops
The bigger size 17" front and 14" rear wheels and the longer wheelbase make the bike really stable and they handle even very rough terrain with ease. how long they will last is going to depend on abuse i don't do big jumps but already after two days at the track the rear wheel especially is starting to have problems with spokes working loose. This is another component that i will be looking to upgrade so they cope with the extra abuse of the motocross track. currently looking at options (suggestions welcome)

Quality and problems encountered
Overall the quality has come a long way in just 3 years since i last bought a new pitbike. All the design up dates have been a positive move that will improve the strength and durability of the bike
so far the only problems i have had is loose spokes on rear wheel (front fine) rear subframe bolts under the seat coming loose (thread lock these)
body work bolt into fuel tank screw is cross threaded

upgrades due to personal preference are new ktm style kick start to replace the straight type, new fat bars with pro taper grips and whoop fold back lever set

My overall score out of 10 i give the bike a 9.5
as a trail/enduro bike it is very capable as standard and for use on a motocross track i think the wheels and shock will ultimately need upgrading for reliability
dlatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2015, 09:00 PM   #2
dlatch
Senior

Re: WPB race 160 owner review 2015

First project on the bike will be converting ktm 85sx small wheels 17" front 14" rear to take pitbike SDG CNC hubs
the KTM wheels have the top quality excel rims so i should end up with motocross strength wheels
Old 07-09-2015, 08:33 PM   #3
dlatch
Senior

Re: WPB race 160 owner review 2015

https://youtu.be/g9utAJ56am8

on board footage of the bike in action at whaddon mx this sunday
Old 13-10-2015, 02:21 PM   #4
kgharshith
Novice