Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Discussion & Reviews > MiniBike Supermoto

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

• New to supermoto minis
    Hi Guys, thanks for letting me join the forum. Both my son and I race motocross but due to the non stop rain here in...
  • Remaining Handle Anthony Castonzo Known as PFF Hig...
    In accordance in the direction of Professional Soccer Awareness, Indianapolis Colts starting off still left handle...
  • Carb Tuning
    Hi all, I have a cw140 here and I'm noticing that it hisses too much on kickstart, and also pops and bangs on...

Old 18-08-2010, 12:01 AM   #1
toasty
The Stig

Bike: M2R Prototype
lcrrc kinsham 22nd this sunday

anyone going to give mart35 some support this weekend at kinsham? hes running in the 160 modifieds? i beleive its his first competitive outing.

steve
toasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2010, 12:08 AM   #2
teapot
Compulsive Poster

Bike: klx's, 50
Re: lcrrc kinsham 22nd this sunday

i'll try to pop up in the car
teapot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2010, 11:29 PM   #3
MADMULLI
Leaner

Bike: stomp 140/xv750

took my bike for a ride over there sunday to watch looks fun track will have to get there and have some fun... there was some cracking bikes and good riders there did not know what mart looked like or would have said hello....def taking pitbike there soon..
MADMULLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2010, 11:26 PM   #4
Colonel

I probably saw mart race but didn't know who he was as I haven't met him before.

I had a bit of an eventful weekend in the 140s. Had a few set up niggles in practice and qualified on the second row so thought it should be a good day on Sunday. Warm up on sunday morning went well especially as the track was dry.

Race 1 I was struggling with grip which led to a few arse twitching moments as the back end spun up and came round whilst trying to catch Emma Field, recovered it by some freak amount of luck but the damage was done and I had lost too much ground.

Had the three quad races just before race 2 and that was playing up as well When it did run though I was hanging off like a baboon trying to keep the wheels on the tarmac. They may be small but I was sweating like mad and totaly knackered at the end of it which set me up well for race 2 as I still hadn't got my breath back (one of the down sides to being an old fart I suppose)

Race 2 was virtualy over as I hit the first corner. I was struggling to get the bike to turn in fast and all it wanted to do was push wide. Managed to make up a few places before the straight but the bike still continued to handle badly. Well after hitting the deck for the sixth time I decided enough was enough. Got the bike back to the pits only to find the front tyre was flat. No wonder the damn thing wouldn't turn in. Just as I pulled in my mate had a moment on the track launching himself into the tyres! He ended up with a dislocated shoulder which funnily enough popped back in as the medics were trying to get his leathers off. Not bad for his first meeting as well

Race 3, Had to sling a wet on the front as there wasn't time to sort out the puncture from race 2. Got a pretty good start and held up till about lap 5 when the wet front got all French and hoisted the white flag. Every time I exited a hairpin the front would slide causing the bike to drop hard. It came to a head when I was in the top corner basically holding the front of the bike up on my knee to prevent it wiping out and spitting me into the tyres.

End result was a set of completely shagged wets, a knackered quad, a punctured front which was shredded due to doing about 8 laps when flat, another miriad of battle scars on my leathers and a big fat grin on my ugly chops as no matter what went wrong I still had a top weekend

The modified class was epic as usual. Coxy had his work cut out when his bike stalled when the flag dropped, but he managed to work his way to the front by the end of the race. Both Ryan and Dane were plagued with mechanical problems which was gutting as both of them were absolutely flying.

The 140s were inspected and all were found to be correct which showed on the lap times as there wasn't much between everyone which made it one hell of a good meeting for all involved.
Colonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2010, 05:52 PM   #5
teapot
Compulsive Poster

Bike: klx's, 50

sorry people i wouldve came up but some foreign woman pulled out on me on the way home from work last tuesday
teapot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2010, 05:59 PM   #6
Wilko
Super King

Bike: Loadss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
I probably saw mart race but didn't know who he was as I haven't met him before.

I had a bit of an eventful weekend in the 140s. Had a few set up niggles in practice and qualified on the second row so thought it should be a good day on Sunday. Warm up on sunday morning went well especially as the track was dry.

Race 1 I was struggling with grip which led to a few arse twitching moments as the back end spun up and came round whilst trying to catch Emma Field, recovered it by some freak amount of luck but the damage was done and I had lost too much ground.

Had the three quad races just before race 2 and that was playing up as well When it did run though I was hanging off like a baboon trying to keep the wheels on the tarmac. They may be small but I was sweating like mad and totaly knackered at the end of it which set me up well for race 2 as I still hadn't got my breath back (one of the down sides to being an old fart I suppose)

Race 2 was virtualy over as I hit the first corner. I was struggling to get the bike to turn in fast and all it wanted to do was push wide. Managed to make up a few places before the straight but the bike still continued to handle badly. Well after hitting the deck for the sixth time I decided enough was enough. Got the bike back to the pits only to find the front tyre was flat. No wonder the damn thing wouldn't turn in. Just as I pulled in my mate had a moment on the track launching himself into the tyres! He ended up with a dislocated shoulder which funnily enough popped back in as the medics were trying to get his leathers off. Not bad for his first meeting as well

Race 3, Had to sling a wet on the front as there wasn't time to sort out the puncture from race 2. Got a pretty good start and held up till about lap 5 when the wet front got all French and hoisted the white flag. Every time I exited a hairpin the front would slide causing the bike to drop hard. It came to a head when I was in the top corner basically holding the front of the bike up on my knee to prevent it wiping out and spitting me into the tyres.

End result was a set of completely shagged wets, a knackered quad, a punctured front which was shredded due to doing about 8 laps when flat, another miriad of battle scars on my leathers and a big fat grin on my ugly chops as no matter what went wrong I still had a top weekend

The modified class was epic as usual. Coxy had his work cut out when his bike stalled when the flag dropped, but he managed to work his way to the front by the end of the race. Both Ryan and Dane were plagued with mechanical problems which was gutting as both of them were absolutely flying.

The 140s were inspected and all were found to be correct which showed on the lap times as there wasn't much between everyone which made it one hell of a good meeting for all involved.
I found it so slippy even in the dry after the oil had been spilled on saturday. I manged to get a few firsts and seconds wasnt a good weekend for me atall.
Wilko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2010, 11:38 PM   #7
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilko View Post
I found it so slippy even in the dry after the oil had been spilled on saturday. I manged to get a few firsts and seconds wasnt a good weekend for me atall.
That issue is being dealt with as we speak. No pitbike will be allowed on track at any LCRRC venue without a suficient regulation sized oil catch tray. There will be no excuses the rider will be black flagged and not allowed back on track till one is fitted. Too many time people have slipped out last minute and couldn't be bothered to fit one but it will no longer happen.

As for the track grip I had no problem with it bar the obvious problems with my tyres. Even had my knee down in the wet on my suicide wets (cut slicks ) Pete has good right to be proud of his tarmac! It's been down nigh on 20 years and is one of the grippyest tracks i've been on
Colonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2010, 11:26 AM   #8
large996

Bike: demonx 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilko View Post
Was there the weekend was impressed with the young and up coming talent there on pit bikes
large996 is offline   Reply With Quote