Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Discussion & Reviews > MiniBike Supermoto

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

• New to supermoto minis
    Hi Guys, thanks for letting me join the forum. Both my son and I race motocross but due to the non stop rain here in...
  • Remaining Handle Anthony Castonzo Known as PFF Hig...
    In accordance in the direction of Professional Soccer Awareness, Indianapolis Colts starting off still left handle...
  • Carb Tuning
    Hi all, I have a cw140 here and I'm noticing that it hisses too much on kickstart, and also pops and bangs on...

Old 19-08-2015, 01:39 PM   #1
hondaruben95
Training

Bike: road legal pit
Wheel width size and suspension questions

Is there any advantage to these 'extra wide' supermoto wheels which seem to have a wider rear than front? Also I see m2r do the race ready one with lowered suspension. Is there any advantage to that?
hondaruben95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2015, 01:42 PM   #2
Dangle_kt
PBC Legend

Re: Wheel width size and suspension questions

there are wide sm wheels - which everyone uses, then there are superwide which some like - personally I like my bike to change direction quicker so prefer just wide, rather than superwide

lowered suspension...it depends what they mean

If you want a race ready bike cos you want to race then consider monsterpro, and also I beleive dayne on here is working with CW bikes/Lucky MX on developing a sm package and might be worth a message.
Dangle_kt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2015, 01:55 PM   #3
hondaruben95
Training

Bike: road legal pit
By lowered I mean less travel. Or have they just gave them loads of sag to make them sit lower. Ive already have a bike and some bits. Thank you for the help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangle_kt View Post
there are wide sm wheels - which everyone uses, then there are superwide which some like - personally I like my bike to change direction quicker so prefer just wide, rather than superwide

lowered suspension...it depends what they mean

If you want a race ready bike cos you want to race then consider monsterpro, and also I beleive dayne on here is working with CW bikes/Lucky MX on developing a sm package and might be worth a message.
hondaruben95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2015, 02:09 PM   #4
Dangle_kt
PBC Legend

Re: Wheel width size and suspension questions

well increased static sag won't help much, and shortened suspension isn't required IMO, it just needs setting up right. They might have just dropped the forks through the yokes for all I know

What you want is adj suspension front and rear so you can set it up to your requirements.

Not really sure why you are asking about another bike if you already have a bike - if you want advice on setup of your current stuff then let us know and we can try and help
Dangle_kt is offline   Reply With Quote