Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Discussion & Reviews > MiniBike Supermoto

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Old 06-05-2017, 04:59 AM   #1
Shauneemarrero
Novice

Bike: 140cc piranha
Brand new 140cc piranha won't kick!!!

So I bought a new 140cc motor.. came and was set on the porch.. covered in oil and it DID start once. And shut off right away before I gave it any gas...so I took the head off.. and seen a valve was stuck out.. so I took the valve head apart.. took the valves out to see if they were bent. They aren't bent. So I made sure the piston was flush at the head with the mag at TDC and I did the valves at .003 intake .005 exhaust.. the kicker is very stiff SOMETIMES ..it sticks a little...I checked gas..spark.. that's good...when I put the head back together valves went in and out when I turned the cam gotta be a compression thing..it's a new motor
Shauneemarrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 05:09 AM   #2
Shauneemarrero
Novice

Re: Brand new 140cc piranha won't kick!!!

I just changed to a thinner id fuel line.. not that that was the problem... It's getting gas... Now it's leaking oil out of the exhaust valve... I may just take it to a shop.. I had this motor for 2 months. Gave up on it a few times.. now I'm at the point.. I might just throw the motor out and get a new one.. I did a lot of work..harness is all hooked up right.. it's getting fuel...I even sprayed starting fluid in it... I checked spark.. it's a new plug,cdi,and coil... All gaskets are good.. new motor.. only ran for 5 seconds tops..I'm lost... I have 4 bikes.. I've done bbk many times.. I'm stumped here
Old 06-05-2017, 03:13 PM   #3
Renaulttom
Training

Bike: Wpb 125 crf70

The timing is off
Renaulttom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 08:42 PM   #4
Shauneemarrero
Novice

Yeah..glad to hear you say that... I know it is..but can't figure out why ..I took the head and valves all apart.. maybe the sprocket is in wrong..it only goes in one way..I tried the sprocket both ways at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock with the sprocket both ways..before I put the head back on I turn the cam and make sure both valves open and close so I'm about to go down.take the head off and look
Old 07-05-2017, 08:49 PM   #5
Renaulttom
Training

You have to time it using the marks on the casings when it's done do the valve clearance
Old 07-05-2017, 11:23 PM   #6
Shauneemarrero
Novice

I keep doing something wrong.. I set the mag at t . And I even made sure the piston was at TDC before I put the head back on..the cam holes on the sprocket after putting that on lined up.. and the dot on the sprocket lines up to the line on the timing cover. Perfectly ..I know it's TDC.. must be valves now. . But why is the kicker jamming. I took that case off..it looked fine.. all gears looked good..it's a new motor.uf rings were worn it would still start..
Old 08-05-2017, 01:52 AM   #7
Shauneemarrero
Novice

I keep trying valves. And timing.. different ways.. even tho I know it's has to be TDC and lined up on the sprocket side.. the only time it doesn't leak oil out of the valves. Is if while it's tdc..the dot on the sprocket is at 3 o'clock..
Old 08-05-2017, 02:07 AM   #8
Renaulttom
Training

It's normal for oil to leak out of the exhaust valve
Old 08-05-2017, 08:14 AM   #9
Shauneemarrero
Novice

Just went down.took the head off. I looked at the piston.. while it's lined up to the t mark.. the piston is TDC. I've done this many times.. I have 4 bikes.. and rebuilt a few motors I had laying around... Just out of boredom... So ..it's TDC... Valves .003 intake .005 exhaust...I wish I could post videos and pictures because the top end is in my opinion good.. I checked spark... Gas... And changed to a new cdi.. made sure the ground was good and the wires... Even though I wouldn't get spark if it wasn't grounded or wired right.. but I'm starting from gas, spark... TDC I know that's good... Valves I'll do again... My kicker is stiff it only wants to go down sometimes.. but when the plug is out it goes down smooth ..and comes up smooth
Old 08-05-2017, 08:21 AM   #10
Shauneemarrero
Novice

So let's say it's TDC, wired,coil, CDI, Sparks, fuel,air...could valves make the kicker stiff? One more thing. The chain is off...i am going to put it back on and push it to see maybe if the clutch is engaged I'm just trying to eliminate everything I can.. I never had a problem doing valves...if they're tight the valves will stay open..if it's loose.. it WILL START.. if the rings are worn..it WILL start.. if it's not the valves..what else could it be..